Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How Many of You Wear Aprons? (I do!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-you-wear-aprons-i-do-t135126.html)

ShirlR 07-04-2011 07:56 AM

In a recent thread about what to give as a hostess gift, many of you suggested giving an apron. I l-o-v-e aprons and would not step into the kitchen without one, but I really don't know anyone who wears them except maybe us older folks, so I have hesitated making them for others, in spite of the great patterns that are out there right now. Comments, anyone?

Candace 07-04-2011 07:57 AM

Don't wear them, never have, never will.

ontheriver 07-04-2011 07:59 AM

Don't need one to sew and I try to avoid cooking.

Naturalmama 07-04-2011 08:08 AM

I'm in my 40's and love my apron. Especially when I'm baking - I get covered in flour etc. And my 6yo ds loves his apron too - he loves to help cook.

jbud2 07-04-2011 08:09 AM

I wear one when I have a lot of cooking going on, like I did preparing for yesterday's feastivities! I make one for myself for Christmas too. Sometimes they are just so durn handy to have on.

Iamquilter 07-04-2011 08:09 AM

I used to wear them when I was raising a family and got away from it and don't anymore now. Don't know why I quit.

wvhill22 07-04-2011 08:11 AM

I love them. I only wear them when I am baking cookies at christmas. I think its a christmas thing I just have to have it on. lol. Also when I am frying anything. I have ruined one to many shirts so I wear the apron. I love making them as gifts. I made my DIL and GD matching ones. Have you seen the tutorial on Missouri quilt co. It is fun and fast to make

Grama Lehr 07-04-2011 08:11 AM

I love wearing my aprons!! I have worn one since I was a kid. My grandkids love theirs too. I have different ones for the seasons. My favorite, it an old blue one that my son made for me when he was i junior high.
I think it would be a great hostess gift!

redkimba 07-04-2011 08:14 AM

I wear them if I'm doing some cooking with flour. I love that some 'retro' aprons are coming out at Joann's. I think I'm going to sew one today. I will post a picture when I'm done.

PS - I wear my 1860s one with a bib that needs to be pinned on.

auntpiggylpn 07-04-2011 08:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ShirlR
In a recent thread about what to give as a hostess gift, many of you suggested giving an apron. I l-o-v-e aprons and would not step into the kitchen without one, but I really don't know anyone who wears them except maybe us older folks, so I have hesitated making them for others, in spite of the great patterns that are out there right now. Comments, anyone?

I don't wear one either but I love the retro ones. I made aprons for a charity silent auction last year and they were the rage!! They brought in more money that the quilted wallhanging I donated! I used Alexander Henry prints which were large scaled and the auction was held right before Halloween. . .