Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How Many of You Wear Aprons? (I do!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-you-wear-aprons-i-do-t135126.html)

JSNOMORE 07-05-2011 01:52 PM

I'm in my 40's and I love aprons. I have them for differant jobs and for differant occasions. My daughters are starting to get into them too.(could it be because I keep making them for them?). My grandkids love them too!!.

Mimmis57 07-05-2011 02:27 PM

I wear one all the time!

Weenween 07-05-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ShirlR
In a recent thread about what to give as a hostess gift, many of you suggested giving an apron. I l-o-v-e aprons and would not step into the kitchen without one, but I really don't know anyone who wears them except maybe us older folks, so I have hesitated making them for others, in spite of the great patterns that are out there right now. Comments, anyone?

ONLY WHEN I MAKE FRIED HAND APPLE PIES,SO MESSY BUT SOOOO GOOD

Carol's Quilts 07-05-2011 03:08 PM

I'm 71 and I hate wearing aprons, always have and always will. I can't stand to have anything tied around my waist and can't stand to wear a "skirt" over my slacks. I'll just put on old yucky clothes and I don't care if they get covered in flour or spotted with grease or blueberry stains or whatever. Only thing I don't like is when company is early and they catch me looking like this before I have a chance to change into my "hostess" clothes!

luce321 07-05-2011 03:26 PM

Shirley, I do wear aprons, however, I feel the same as you do about giving them as gifts. I know my three daughters have never worn one in their life as far as I know. Maybe all younger women today think the same.

luce321 07-05-2011 03:26 PM

Shirley, I do wear aprons, however, I feel the same as you do about giving them as gifts. I know my three daughters have never worn one in their life as far as I know. Maybe all younger women today think the same.

iowabelle 07-05-2011 03:40 PM

I've made simple butcher-style aprons for myself and for a church silent auction for several years. One year I made it out of Elvis fabric. The best-selling year at the church auction was the year I made Iowa and Iowa State aprons. It became a point of pride to bid up your school's apron. (Last year I made a doll quilt, with a mattress, pillow, sheet, and bed out of a clementine box--didn't fetch so much money but I hear the recipient has really enjoyed it.)

tulip43 07-05-2011 04:22 PM

I wear aprons all the time in the kitchenn. Just love them. most are the full aprons.Have made them for the grandkids also boys included The 16 yr grandson likes to cook and he wears one when at our home.

overdew 07-05-2011 04:30 PM

I have to wear one, cause I am so messy. Finally got use to how they look with jeans.

ScrappyAZ 07-05-2011 05:17 PM

I love aprons. I have two for everyday use and two holiday (Thanksgiving and Christmas) aprons. The only one I don't wear often is the half apron. Seems I get most of my mess on my top half!

My 31-year old daughter made aprons for her mother-in-law and two sisters-in law, and they loved them.