Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • How are you getting it all done!?!??! >
  • How are you getting it all done!?!??!

• How are you getting it all done!?!??!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:05 PM
    DJ

Well, I had a cat to take to the vet yesterday, and he has to go back on Saturday and again on Monday. Luckily I'm retired, so I have more time than some. DH is working on a bathroom remodel, however, that must be done by Christmas for our DDs when they come with their loved ones.

I'm just making one batch of cookies about every other day. Cleaning will wait till just before guests arrive. Love to check out the forum on breaks!

I'll be much more stressed a few days before Christmas!
    Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by jbud2
    You are still posting pics in the picture section! Don't you have parties to go to, cookies to bake, and presents to wrap? A house to clean, a granddaughter to read to, a dog to walk and wreaths to make? How can you still be sewing and sewing and sewing??!! I've got to get my granddaughters' Christmas pants hemmed yet !!
    I don't go to parties, maybe that is why. LOL!:mrgreen: But I do have a granddaughter and grandson both that love to be read to, gave up cleaning because both grandbabies live with us and it is a hopeless job keeping up with an extremely curious and active toddler boy. LOL!! We don't have a doggy, just kitties and they are terrified of the outside world, so I don't bother walking them. :mrgreen: And I have absolutely no talent with flowers, live or aritificial. In fact, I have a thumb that kills most every plant it touches. DD loves to make cookies and I just get to enjoy eathing them. LOL!!!

My problem is just like yours. I can't stay away from the pictures posted here. I am constantly getting new ideas and adding them to my every growing list.

Forgot to add about presents.....I hope to get them wrapped by Christmas Eve. I have 5 more quilts to finish before I even think about wrapping gifts.
    Old 12-10-2010, 02:48 PM
    Power Poster

Pin the Christmas pants and get back to what is important, sewing. LOL Maybe we are not getting the other stuff done. I seem to get everything half done. As long as I get my DD's 20 quilt done for Christmas that was supposed to be done for when she went off to college and then for her birthday. Hopefully this Chirstmas.
    Old 12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by belmer
    Maybe we never sleep! I get up alot of nights, cause I cannot sleep... My head is spinning too much, So.... I go in my sewing room and sew for a couple of hours and then I'm sleepy again! Some how we always find a way to do it if our hearts are in it!
    I am an insomniac too and it seems so are many others.
    Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM

I stopped sleeping. It seemed to be overrated right now!! :)
    Old 12-10-2010, 03:45 PM

Multitasking
    Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    I stopped sleeping. It seemed to be overrated right now!! :)
    I agree completely!! LOL!! I am lucky if I get more than 4 to 5 hours a night.
    Old 12-10-2010, 06:54 PM
    Power Poster

If I don't get my 8 hours a night I'm such a witch!! I'm very grateful to sleep through. Better for the world around me LOL
    I'm having a strange Christmas season this year and am just going with the flow. Not stressing out like I usually do.
    Old 12-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I quit cleaning! It's getting pretty scary around here. One more quilt to finish and then I MUST CLEAN!
    Dido on this one. I just finished 18 aprons, 10 bow tuck purses, 12 fabric boxes and need to do some candy and then I am finished and can clean.
    Old 12-11-2010, 02:52 PM

All year long I do some type of cleaning daily. I cannot stand disorder & cannot work in a cluttered space. LOL I do not have a busy social life as my kids & grands are my life. Fit DH & my wonderful parents in there too. LOL I have not started cookie making but am going to start this evening. I will make a couple kinds of candy tomorrow & that is it. I have not got 1 gift bought or ready, but I will do that on Monday & Tuesday of this next week. I just don't have the energy to stress out. What gets done will get done & what doesn't...won't. LOL We will survive either way.