Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Was Your Holiday Weekend? >

How Was Your Holiday Weekend?

How Was Your Holiday Weekend?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Banned

Howdy everyone! My company is gone and now I'm backed up with orders and have to get to work! Just wanted to pop in a say hello and see if everyone survived the holiday. My ex-SIL brought her 5 year old grandson (my great nephew) (which we are not used to having kids around) but we had a blast with him....we are pooped! :lol:
Have a great day! Catch ya later! :thumbup:

Steven
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82370[/ATTACH]

Mark tied him to the tree and hosed him down :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82371[/ATTACH]

My mom w/great GS & weenie :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82372[/ATTACH]

firework time!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82373[/ATTACH]

horseshoe pitching time :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82380[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82365.jpe   attachment-82366.jpe   attachment-82367.jpe   attachment-82368.jpe   attachment-82369.jpe  

attachment-82375.jpe  
Old 07-05-2010, 07:35 AM

I always say - I love to have people over but I love just as much to have the house back to normal!

We went to fireworks on Saturday but other than that had a very casual holiday. I emjoy quite weekends at home :)
Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 AM

We had a nice day. Went to my sister's house for a picnic. Our oldest grandson came and brought his sweet girlfriend. My mom who is almost 90 came to spend the day too. No fireworks.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM

it's stiil the holiday! really- ds and new wife are here now. going to call dd and see if they want to come swim. I washed 2 cars- mine and hubby's Mini, washed some pool floats, vacuumed the pool. Needed to wash my face- the sweat is burning my eyes. then 30 spf and off to the pool to hang with the kids.

tonight- chicken on the grill, some dogs and burgers. love impromptu get togethers! (although no quilting time)
Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 AM

It was just hubby and I. We were all so tired out helping son make a deal on a new truck (three days but we got it). Son went home happy and slept most of the day. He lives about 250 miles from us.

I went shopping and got the great deal on the EQ7.....there is always fireworks going on and we can see it but we don't bother as our dogs get so frightened....so I take one to the front bedroom and read and Hubby takes the other to the back bedroom and watches tv...the other two dogs are fine and could care less lol..
Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
Howdy everyone! My company is gone and now I'm backed up with orders and have to get to work! Just wanted to pop in a say hello and see if everyone survived the holiday. My ex-SIL brought her 5 year old grandson (my great nephew) (which we are not used to having kids around) but we had a blast with him....we are pooped! :lol:
Have a great day! Catch ya later! :thumbup:
Tying him to the tree and hosing him down --- is that the same as 'waterboarding' or is it the game someone on this group mentioned - 'Cowboys and Indians?

Looks like he enjoyed every minute of it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

We assembled and placed the IKEA cabinets in the office and put the shelf and sleeper sofa back. Yesterday we started going through the pile of crap (sorry - but that word describes it best, lol) and we are sorting. Lots gets tossed, some gets donated, and the rest will finally have a home IN a cabinet. I am pretty darn excited but also pretty darn tired and dusty.

Pat's very level-headed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82398[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82393.jpe   attachment-82397.jpe  
Old 07-05-2010, 08:47 AM

Looked like a fun day. I have been working around the house for 3 days and sick of it! No company this year. We did not go out anywhere although we did have sunshine off and on. We had planned an ATV ride on the beach. Think we should wait until the city people go home. Now it is raining again. So laundry today and find my way to the sewing room. Just a blah retired or retarded weekend.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 AM

Today is a pretty lazy day here. I did a little hand quilting. We have friends coming for lunch today. We just cleaned up from the friends that were here last night. Hopefully I will find time to unpack my suitcase from spending a week with my 90 year old mother. I did mow the back lawn this morning. I need to decide on my next project. Any suggestions?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 AM

We were in our local parade. My husband drives for the Veteran Services, taking Vets to hospitals. He is 20 years Air Force and my son is in the Navy. So we drove the VA van. Had a great time. Then watched fire works on TV, New York had a great show!