Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Was Your Holiday Weekend? >

How Was Your Holiday Weekend?

How Was Your Holiday Weekend?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:57 AM

A spark from something or other burned a hole on the front of my fav blouse. Lesson learned.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:22 AM

My weekend was great! Family at our house last evening for a cookout and the community fireworks set off at the HS football field which is just across the road and over a bean field from us. We can sit in our front yard and see everything perfectly. Today I am being very lazy.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 AM

Got to skip the parade YEA and went for a ride stopped and had a picnic lunch and then went to my first fireworks in years! It was great! Except it was 90+ degrees out and Hot!!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 AM

Looks like a fun time for all.......I still have a bad cold, so I was home coughing all weekend! :thumbdown:
Old 07-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Banned

Tying him to the tree and hosing him down --- is that the same as 'waterboarding' or is it the game someone on this group mentioned - 'Cowboys and Indians?

Looks like he enjoyed every minute of it.
Thats what they called it....cowboys and indians :lol:
Look! Steven got even...we then called him "Even Steven" :wink:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82106.jpe  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 AM

Looks like you had fun! My weekend was HOT and this week will be too. Got a lot of reading done, but not much quilting. But it's been a nice long weekend! Love the popsicle smile on your great nephew in the first phote, or maybe it's a kool-aid smile!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
Looks like you had fun! My weekend was HOT and this week will be too. Got a lot of reading done, but not much quilting. But it's been a nice long weekend! Love the popsicle smile on your great nephew in the first phote, or maybe it's a kool-aid smile!
YEP!!!! Cherry flavor! :lol: :lol:
Old 07-05-2010, 11:09 AM

Looks like everyone had a good time, me and DH sat on the deck and watched the neighborhood fireworks. Praying that no fires were started, it's pretty dry here.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:59 PM

We had company from Thursday to Sunday, my husbands two sisters and one brother in law. They arrived about 4:00 , by 5:00 all my kids showed up(4) and it was party time until about 11:00. Friday the afternoon was spent in our pool, and after supper we sat on the pool deck until about 11:00. Sat. we all headed to middle sons home and had a cook-out and pool party, about 15 of us. This old gal even played water volleyball! Had a few Strawberry margaritas, so I was feeling pretty good>LOL Got home about 8:30 and we sat outside on the front porch to watch the fireworks from downtown. The bed sure felt great about 11:00! The weather here was just perfect this week-end, so we could really enjoy being outside. Glad about that! They left for home Sunday about noon and it took me all day Monday to re-coop. LOts of fun though, and today it is really hot, so I've been cleaning up a little, getting ready for the two grandkids, 5 and 8. They will spend the night and all day tomorrow. Tomorrow is hubby's 73rd birthday, so I imagine all the kids will come later in the day. Today, Hubs went out and bought us a new Toyota Vensia. Boy is it nice!!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Quiet, the noisy neighbors were out of town. .........lol
(these numb-skulls think it's cute to play AC/DC at 11:30 p.m.)

Not to many fireworks were lit off in the area thankfully. I spent my weekend buzzing around my sewing room and doing a few odd chores around the house.