Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: I am diverted to making Doll Clothes for a while - and you?

0I made clothes for the AG and Bitty dolls for 10 years and they are like potato chips=cant have just one! Simplicity and McCalls have all kinds of patterns and I have all of them! Have just finished making matching Dorothy from Wizard of OZ for a friends GD's for the holidays. I even have the ruby red shoes for them.
    Kathy Osterby

Those are very cute. Lucky little girl to have such a talented Grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    Thank you so much for this! It is just what I needed! Quilters are the best.
    Ahhhhhh.....I must have been really, really tired when I did the first outfit. Gee, what fabric comes to mind when you see 'leotard'......guessed what was wrong? I used cotton for the leotard instead of STRETCH KNIT....no wonder it didn't fit. And since that was the first that I made, I was very eager to get started, I never checked the other patterns. Well, they do fit. I have made a dress and bolero jacket, denin skirt and tiger stripe shirt and have a pink party dress cut out. Would post pics, but I am stupid in that area on the new set up as well. Working 6am to 11pm probably isn't helping either.

Adorable......did a lot of it in the past.....my daughter was into Cabbage Patch dolls back in th 70s....but my grandaughters do not play with dolls much....but i did sew an apron for the one that wanted cookbooks for Xmas...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
    I bought my 4 granddaughters an 18" doll and horse for Christmas. I am so excited to see them open them....so I am making clothes for them. I am having a blast! I need to finish some quilts, but they aren't for Christmas guess I am diverted!

Anyone else making doll clothes? I would love to see your designs. Here are mine.

doll clothes are darling.........thanks for sharing with us.

Great stuff. Do you remember where you got the pattern for the red dress?

Irene

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4