Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I feel like I hit the lottery!

Oh my goodness. What a wonderful surprise.

There was someone on the thread that was looking for the Musical Instrument book. It's a small world. I imagine it felt a little like Christmas/birthday rolled into one.
    Wendy

Woohoo! Have fun.

I bet it feels like they are all brand new too. Sit back and have a nice look-see.

Christmas all over again--have fun!

Fun!!

I had that McCall's pattern for the bunny clothes! I had very well dressed bunnies. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I was digging through storage looking for more fabric and when I opened up the container, there was a bunch of old sheet music on the top. Because I had been looking for a particular song awhile back, I thought I would see if I might have put it in the container, so I moved the top sheet music off and found the entire container was FULL of quilt magazines, books, and patterns (with some cross-stitch, plastic canvas, and crochet patterns mixed in). I have already pulled several out for consideration, but haven't even had a chance to look through the entire container. I haven't seen these patterns in close to five years when I lived up in Washington. The container was buried under a bunch of boxes that we still haven't gone through (and we've lived here for over four years.) I know I am going to find duplicate books and patterns. I am sure I know where to go to pass them on when I do, though. :lol: I already have a few that I've set aside to pass on to other quilters.
    I have the folded star book you have in last photo

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Great find! We moved just over 5 months ago and it is fun to finally find thngs that you know have to be some where! We hope to open every box over the winter and re-label everything. I was very careful labelling sewing stuff, so don't think I am missing any of that.
    We moved in such a hurry last spring that I didn't have time to lable things...but most of my sewing stuff is in clear plastic tubs. When I DO go looking for something, I also find items I'd forgotten about! Time for me to get going on more projects!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2