I have failed....

Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

as a Mother I may have failed.

My mother did it right. We were forced and tought and had to crammed into us that IF YOU USE THE LAST OF THE TOILET PAPER YOU GET A NEW ROLL AND YOU EVEN PUT IT ON THE SPINDLE....

Not one of my 5 kids knows how to do this....so I have failed....

Well not really failed I guess - they have learned to leave 4 squares on there so that its not really empty and in their minds needs to be replaced.

I don't understand it??? I don't care if the toilet paper is over or if its under...I dont' even really mind if its not on the spindle - althought I prefer it that way so it doesn't end up in the toilet. BUT.... I REALLY DO MIND going to the bathroom and there only being 4 square or there being NONE!

I thought I was teaching them everything they needed to know before they tackled the real world but I just missed this one!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 PM

My fiance is the same way! I tell and show him how it's done, but nope it never gets done. You didn't fail, they just fail to learn a simple task.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM

Boys?? by chance they can use 4 squares and still be fine! I have tried and tried to get the kids to change it so guess what I did I gathered up all the TP and hide and I didn't answer their calls for help yes I am a mean mom but hey they learned their lesson!!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:41 PM

If you failed. Then so did I. It happens more time then I can count.It is better then the husband going to the bathroom in the middle of the night forgetting to put the tolet set down. Then you get up and fall into it. You wake up real fast.Life is so good. :-) being a Mother /Wife.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:42 PM
kbs

Teach-learn. Both have to have the other but it takes both sides. And as they grow up they start to remember what they learned.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:44 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have brainwashed my children into thinking that running out of tp is a sin. However, their boyfriends who use my bathrooms do the same thing as your children. I'm working on that. They now put the seat down, so we're making progress. :-)
Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Google Goddess

I get so aggravated with hubby and the toilet paper
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 PM

You didn't fail. Wait for it. When they are out of the house on their own, go visit and use the bathroom. Bet the toilet paper roll is on and full. Guess where they learned it from? YOU! For sure they wouldn't dream of having their dispenser with only 4 squares available. And they fill it because your voice will resonate forever in their ears. Right now, they simply know it is your house and you are the boss and if you want the toilet paper dispenser filled, you can and will do it yourself. You didn't fail because you more than likely make sure there is some for them when they need it, don't you? If I see the toilet paper dispenser about a quarter of the roll gone, I set a new one on top of it. Someone eventually gets the hint...
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 PM

Ummmm...an idea....get your own personal roll you take in and out, and let them worry about where they will get some more. A few times of no TP and I bet that they will remember to replace.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Boys?? by chance they can use 4 squares and still be fine! I have tried and tried to get the kids to change it so guess what I did I gathered up all the TP and hide and I didn't answer their calls for help yes I am a mean mom but hey they learned their lesson!!
No jade - 3 girls and only 1 boy at home now and its the girls who do it the most...I have ignored their calls but they don't care - they just glare at me when they stomp off to get a roll and still never put one up.....