I just killed my printer

Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM

Hubby had Health care acct at work and today is the last day to submit claims. With new HIPPA laws I could not request his billing records from our Dr office. He Finally called last Fri to get the docs. Got them in the mail last night. I could scan and email them today.... so I thought. My printer scanned and saved the first 2 perfectly. 1 more to go the submission form... it comes back error & starts printing the alignment test page. I do everything it says to fix it, several times. It just prints the alignment page over a DOZEN times. I am not trying to print just scan straight to the computer.....I don't care if it is a little off center....over another dozen more alignment prints. Now it is out of ink and I have a stack of fire starting paper. AND IT WON'T DO ANYTHING WHEN IT IS OUT OF INK. $45.00 for more ink. I don't think so....I picked it up an pulled its guts from inside and threw it across the room into the hall. DS walked by and said, "Humm, Mom I don't think I can fix that."
Anybody got any recommendations for a cheap new all in one (printer, scanner, copier) (fax?)

Determined to get the forms in today I went to the Savings acct website and found the form, changed it from read only to write, filled it out, copied and pasted it into Word saved it and emailed it. I hope they can open it.....
Old 03-31-2011, 12:51 PM

:cry: :cry:
Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 PM

I purchased an all in one printer/scanner/copier from
Wal-Mart for $25 and it uses the same ink cartridges as the old printer.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:45 PM

Sam's has some great HP all-in-one's the cheapest is $60 but that isn't bad for the new ones. I was lucky last week, got a HP Officejet 5610v, All-in-One off Craigslist for $30. Called the guy, he had just got a new laser and he had the cd or either mac or windows. I drove the 30 miles to meet him and he loaded the box for me along with his boxer Rocky. I got home, couldn't wait to get it installed and there were 5 packages of ink that he threw in with it, that alone was $125. I sure was happy. And then this new one has a fax. Easist set-up ever.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 PM

I believe Staples has a HP All-in-one printer, scanner, copier on sale for $59.00 this week. I love mine as it never jams & once in a blue moon it does something funky - just unplug it & plug it back in again & it fixes itself.

Here is the Staples ad. Look on page 6. Yes, it is $59.00
http://weeklyad.staples.com/staples/...%20ad%20header

Originally Posted by Mimito2
Hubby had Health care acct at work and today is the last day to submit claims. With new HIPPA laws I could not request his billing records from our Dr office. He Finally called last Fri to get the docs. Got them in the mail last night. I could scan and email them today.... so I thought. My printer scanned and saved the first 2 perfectly. 1 more to go the submission form... it comes back error & starts printing the alignment test page. I do everything it says to fix it, several times. It just prints the alignment page over a DOZEN times. I am not trying to print just scan straight to the computer.....I don't care if it is a little off center....over another dozen more alignment prints. Now it is out of ink and I have a stack of fire starting paper. AND IT WON'T DO ANYTHING WHEN IT IS OUT OF INK. $45.00 for more ink. I don't think so....I picked it up an pulled its guts from inside and threw it across the room into the hall. DS walked by and said, "Humm, Mom I don't think I can fix that."
Anybody got any recommendations for a cheap new all in one (printer, scanner, copier) (fax?)

Determined to get the forms in today I went to the Savings acct website and found the form, changed it from read only to write, filled it out, copied and pasted it into Word saved it and emailed it. I hope they can open it.....
Old 03-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

There is a new printer out that will print 500 pages for $4.99 ink cartridges. It's a Lexmark printer.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:02 PM

This has nothing to do with your printer other than I can relate to what happened! I've been taking cartridges to Walgreens to have them refilled. It works for a couple of times and is about $10 here. Once the magnetic strip wears, the machine won't refill them. We've been very satisfied with them.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:05 PM

I always get my ink on ebay, wicked cheap!!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:11 PM

Price the ink before you buy a printer. :-(
Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I always get my ink on ebay, wicked cheap!!
Me too, hate to buy in the stores!!