I -pads

Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Banned

I got an i-pad 1 but no directions came with it. I wanted it to download books FREE but Apple does not let you and the only
free books I can get are old ones.

Is there good instructions I can get? I have downloaded websites that I use all of the time like facebook and sewforum.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 AM

Go to the Apps store and download the Kindle app. It is free. Then go on it to theKindle store and choose ebooks from menu along the top if it doesn't load first. On the right hand side you will see a list - 100 top sellers, there is a tab right next to it that says free books. Click on it and it will bring up a lot of books. If you like romances there are many. OR -- look in list on left side for free collections, go there and you will see limited time promotional offers. Most of those are free. There is also another app called IBooks that downloads for free and you can go in the store and search for free books. Hope this helps. PM me if need more info. I download free books all the time for myself and my mom. Great thing about Kindle app. Bought Kindle for my mom and set it up with my information so now when I download a book on my IPad I can also put it on her Kindle and if it is a paid book I only have to pay once. right now in promotional offers there is a Home Crafting Mystery called Lye in Wait for free.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 AM

Go to the app store and download the NOOK app., it allows you to get books from libraries around the country. Kindle does not. Also, get the KOBO app. they have the largest number of books as they are backed by the publishing houses.
I find they are usually priced lower than Amazon or B&N. I haven't bought many as there are so many FREE great books from the past years that I haven't worked my way thru yet. Also, if you like quilt patterns get the EVERNOTE app. It allows you to download the patterns and keeps all pages together, files in alpha order with a thumbprint so you can see the pattern without opening the file. Wonderful app. Also, the weprint app. allows you to print to other than an apple printer. There is plenty of info on how to use the IPAD on the web and classes you can take at any Apple store.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 AM

Thanks for this advice. I, too, just bought an IPad just for that reason. Will try it out.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Banned

I took my i-pad and went to the "app Store" and type in kobe
but nothing but travel came up.

Could you tell me in detail just how you got these Apps? thanks you. Sorry to be so dense
Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

You need to use ITunes. It's for Apple products. It's free to download. Super easy to use and thousands of free apps.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:29 PM

"I got an i-pad 1 but no directions came with it."

sticky side down....
Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Try this for the user guide. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf
Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Also, there is the Overdrive app that lets you get things from your own library. Free. Audio and ebooks.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:44 PM

If you download the app for Skype, you can make calls from your IPad. There are several great apps for working with photos. Oh yes, I just got the attachment that allows me to use a USB stick. Now I have all of my music on my IPad. This thing is fantastic. Lol