Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I Should Have Bought That New Iron >

I Should Have Bought That New Iron

I Should Have Bought That New Iron

Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 PM

I really should have bought that new steam iron I need months ago. As I posted the other night, I didn't want to spend the money. Well, now I have to buy a new washer and dryer and I still don't have a new iron. My DH says if I need the iron, too I am going to have to get one. He's wonderful that way.

We went to the oncologist this morning and got great news - no chemo - now for my DH. We decided to go to Universal Studios Theme Park in Orlando to celebrate since we haven't gone anywhere since last Thanksgiving. We were going to leave early tomorrow morning. We would have been there by noon and then spent the day at the park and returned home the next morning. So I started doing laundry. Just a few things. My washer decided that it would be better to dump the water onto the laundry room floor rather than down the drain. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. I have been babying that thing for a few months now so I wouldn't have to buy a new one. Sound familiar? It has been messing up by not draining and spinning out the water. This is the first time it actually leaked. Well, there went our trip. Instead of having a fun trip tomorrow, we will be at Sears to buy new appliances. :cry: Oh, then we will stop off at WalMart on the way home to get that steam iron. I just bought a lot of new fabric at JoAnn and will need to wash and iron it.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 PM

Bummer on your washer!!!!

Glad to hear your DH is doing better.

Sorry your are missing your fun trip.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM

God Bless you and your hubby. I am so happy to learn he does NOT need chemo.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 PM

great news about your DH. sorry about your waher
Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Power Poster

Great news!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 AM

Just one more bump on the road called life.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:15 AM

Before buying a new washer, check the drain hose. There maybe something stuck in the hose. Be sure to check the drain, also. Try using drain cleaner ex: Drano.
This was my problem. Could save you some money. Another idea, check with a local appliance dealer before using large retailer. Many times you can get a better price plus good service if needed later.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 AM

When I read your post all I can think of is that your dh got good news of no more chemo right now!!!! The other things breaking down all at once is just stress, but let that good news stay on top in your mind.

Kat
Old 09-09-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by GreatStarter
When I read your post all I can think of is that your dh got good news of no more chemo right now!!!! The other things breaking down all at once is just stress, but let that good news stay on top in your mind.

Kat
Kat, you are so right and we rejoice in the good news. The rest really is just the sometimes annoyances of life. :)