Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish I could personally thank this soldier.

Today I brought my Mom to the airport, whe was leaving after visiting me for three weeks. My Mom is elderly, and in chronic pain. She is on many pain meds, but sadly due to nerve pain she is always in various levels of pain. I got a gate pass and took her wheelchair to the planes gate. The plane loaded on time, and knowing she was in the stewardess's hands we said goodbye and I left. Later I learned the plane was delayed and she was sitting on the plane for over two hours without taking off. Around this time my Mom was getting in increased amount of pain and the person sitting with her recommended she call the stewardess for a pillow to try to make her more comfortable. The stewardess gave her a pillow, but a soldier sitting in first class overheard. He stood and gave my Mother his first class seat so she could be more comfortable, and took hers. (Many airlines upgrade soldiers to first class when seats are available, not sure if this was the case.) Mom said the new seat was better padded and the extra room made her more comfortable. Her two hour flight ended up being five hours on the plane. I wish there were a way I could thank this soldier, what he did was truely kind, and greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Bless him for his kindness!

Blog Entries
    How nice of the soldier

Blog Entries
    Honor is not something taught...it's natural

My hats goes off to this wonderful solder. To his parents that rised him well.We will also thank this solder for the freedom he is giving to us. I hope your Mother is doing better now. Our prays go with your Mother.Thank you for writing this to all the QB to see.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    how awesome....your mom should have gotten his name...but then, they do those things naturally....hope your mom got home fine...

Maybe call the tv station and report what he did.* I think all the stations could use a good hearted story instead of all the negative.* Also- if you want to thank him - contact the airlines and they will know who it was and they can pass along the message to him.* I'm sure they like good deeds and maybe they will take time to do this.

Blog Entries
    Bless him! What a wonderful man and soldier.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    God Bless Him!

Remember him your prayers. He is true a gentlemen serivng our country.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast