Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 PM
MZStitch

Today I brought my Mom to the airport, whe was leaving after visiting me for three weeks. My Mom is elderly, and in chronic pain. She is on many pain meds, but sadly due to nerve pain she is always in various levels of pain. I got a gate pass and took her wheelchair to the planes gate. The plane loaded on time, and knowing she was in the stewardess's hands we said goodbye and I left. Later I learned the plane was delayed and she was sitting on the plane for over two hours without taking off. Around this time my Mom was getting in increased amount of pain and the person sitting with her recommended she call the stewardess for a pillow to try to make her more comfortable. The stewardess gave her a pillow, but a soldier sitting in first class overheard. He stood and gave my Mother his first class seat so she could be more comfortable, and took hers. (Many airlines upgrade soldiers to first class when seats are available, not sure if this was the case.) Mom said the new seat was better padded and the extra room made her more comfortable. Her two hour flight ended up being five hours on the plane. I wish there were a way I could thank this soldier, what he did was truely kind, and greatly appreciated.