Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Idiopathic Pulmonary Artial Hypertension >

Idiopathic Pulmonary Artial Hypertension

Idiopathic Pulmonary Artial Hypertension

Old 01-14-2011, 08:28 AM

I was wanting to know if anyone on here has Pulmonary Hypertension? I've had breathing problems for about 3 yrs & now & just recently have been told that I have an enlarged heart from my heart working harder to get blood to my lungs. After all I have read in the internet I feel like I've been given my death sentence handed to me in a hand basket! At first they wanted to install a infusion pump that would pump meds to my heart 24/7 then the Drs. schedule is so full & they can't get me into that dr. until March 17th they are going to try the oral pills until I get in to see him. I'm not worried or scared at this point, just aggrivated & confused. Just wish I knew someone else with this so I could get an idea of what's going on. If you have or know someone who has Idiopathic Artial Hypertension, I'd like to hear your story. I'm walking in circles wondering what is going on............
Old 01-14-2011, 08:31 AM
bj

I don't know about your health issue, but I wish you well. (((((HUGS))))) Take care!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 AM

I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you get some input that makes you feel better! :|
Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

I hope someone here can help you with info. In the meantime you are in my thoughts.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Isn't it wonderful when they tell you you "have to have this or else" but "we can't get you in to see the DR. until 2014" or so. It makes you wonder if its all the bad, necessary, etc. I am going thru something similar with spinal stenosis. The fitted me with a body brace 2.5 months ago and it still hasn't arrived. I'm doing much better without it, thank you just the same. I hope they take good care of you though, it sounds scary. Hugs!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM

So sorry to hear. Prayers and hugs.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

I'm so sorry about your health issues - I have breathing problems due to a heart problem too - they decided mine is a Diastolic dysfunction. I have had it since 2003, and have oxygen in the house for when I need it, but don't use it 24/7.

It took me a good while to adjust to being what they they called disabled, but I have found ways to cope. The wheelchair they gave me was too hard for me to use - I got breathless just trying to push myself a short distance, so I bought a battery powered motorised scooter instead. I pace myself, doing small tasks, and then resting for a short while, and I have an afternoon snooze too, if I need it.

On the good side, quilting isn't all that strenuous, so I have continued to enjoy my hobby, big time. I don't cut out a whole quilt in one go - and only sit at a machine for a max of an hour at a time, but it is all doable, so don't lose heart (sorry for the expression) just yet.

You might have to learn to accept help, or even to ask for it if you need it, but it isn't the end of the world.

Sending lots of (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 AM

I have asthma and struggled with breathing issues all my life. And not long ago, found out that my heart was also enlarged. Scared me quite a bit, but my dr. didn't seem concerned about it. I hope that means that I don't have to worry about it. But she did put me on baby aspirin and Lipitor to protect my heart. I also have diabetes, so that plays a role in it. I feel awkward asking my Dr. questions sometimes. My previous Dr. made me feel like an idiot when I ask about being pre-diabetic, so I guess that is why I hesitate.

Hugs and hope someone here knows something about this disease.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I feel awkward asking my Dr. questions sometimes. My previous Dr. made me feel like an idiot when I ask about being pre-diabetic, so I guess that is why I hesitate.
As a nurse I know what you mean, but you need to visualize this and go ahead and ask as many questions as you want and don't worry if they sound silly to you (that is what you are paying the big bucks for)==== now visualize............. them putting their pants on..... how do they do it? Is it magic or do they do it one pant leg at a time????
Old 01-14-2011, 09:06 AM

Please send me a PM. I have a very close friend who has this condition and it is a very serious one!! Most hypertension can be life threatening or life altering. I hope you do not have this-and try to stay positive. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Hugs
April