Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: If they gave frequent flyer miles for....

If they gave frequent flyer miles for....

If they gave frequent flyer miles for sewing by the seat of your pants I'd be on my way around the world. Goodness I thought this would be the easiest thing to make...that's what I get for thinking. Have had this material for many years.. just got it because we liked the pattern but never used it. Decided to make a library book bag instead of toting the books back and forth in my Walmart bag. One thing after another...didn't have enough fabric so I made panels, found a scrap piece of red denim I had but it frayed so had to french seam it..then that didn't work folding over so had to cut piece for the top...well you get the picture. Now it's finished and I love it but would think twice before tackling it again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

But just think how great you are going to look going into the library with that bag!

Those faux frequent flyer miles will take you to Paris if that's what you can do with "seat of your pants" ingenuity!
    Great looking tote...

Love the idea of miles for "seat of pants". The bag looks great. I think it was worth the pain and suffering.

Blog Entries
    Fabric is great! I have a half dozen bags here and still use the plastic grocery bags...habit! It is beautiful!

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

I do like your bag. You are very creative! Isn't it amazing what we can do when we have to.