Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your LQS have a "frequent shopper program"?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    How does it work?

Do you participate in it?

Blog Entries
    ours gives you 10% for the year that you spend in your birthday month.

Most of my LQS's have punch cards with $10 off or 10% off after $150 spent

The one I use has a punch card and when filled you can use it for $20 of free stuff. It also will honor the JoAnn coupon on Tuesdays. Works out pretty good.

the LQS has a $25 cert for every $250 spent on non-sale items.

and this online shop has a frequent buyer program that i use

http://www.ericas.com/quilting/

Ours has a punch card when filled 20% off. Also 20% off during your birthday week (must be on their mailing list).

Our quilt shop send out coupons every month in their newsltr.

I have two LQS both about the same distance from my house. Niether has a frequent shopping program. And neither ever has a sale of any kind.
    One of them the prices are up to 12.75 for most batiks and the Kaufman fabrics.
    I do find it a bit of a "stone in my shoe" that after the years of patronage there is never any ... customer appreciation in the form a sale or program.... or even random act of appreciation. I have spent big $$$. So as much as I would like to support my LQS ... I have taken to the internet for a significant amount of purchases.
    I am sure one of these days the owner(s) will see me in the store and comment "gee , its been awhile" . At which point I will tell them .. after all the years of purchases .... why do I still just feel like only a wallet when I walk -in.

I have one that does the punch card thing and another that gives a discount in your birthday month and sends out email coupons every so often.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Lori, don't they even have a clearance section?

I would think that every store, everywhere, has to have a clearance section. Otherwise, it would mean that their buyer always made PERFECT decisions! Gee, but that would be hard to do...

Blog Entries
    A punch card worth $10 when $150 worth of spaces are filled. Less than 7%, but it's a nice gesture. Of course, I participate.

Mine gives you points for every dollar you spend, once you reach a certain point, you get a gift certificate, just got one for 25 dollars a couple months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Lori, don't they even have a clearance section?

I would think that every store, everywhere, has to have a clearance section. Otherwise, it would mean that their buyer always made PERFECT decisions! Gee, but that would be hard to do...
    One has a very small section ( 10 -15 bolts for 25% off and they are particulary how shalll I say ... "Un- wanted" ) the other cuts them into fat quarters and sticks a "stinker" in into a bundle. The same has 2.5 strips they sell for .60.

At one store you purchase a card for $3.50 & each time you purchase over $5 of fabric you get your card punched & when it's full you get $25 worth of product.
    Unfortunately I also have 2 cards... for shops that have closed before I was able to fill the cards.
    We have a new little fabric shop in town....not strictly quilt fabrics, but a good selection & will take requests & if you sign up for their newsletter you get 10% off fabric purchases... just signed up last week, so looking forward to spending some more $$ in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    I have two LQS both about the same distance from my house. Niether has a frequent shopping program. And neither ever has a sale of any kind.
    One of them the prices are up to 12.75 for most batiks and the Kaufman fabrics.
    I do find it a bit of a "stone in my shoe" that after the years of patronage there is never any ... customer appreciation in the form a sale or program.... or even random act of appreciation. I have spent big $$$. So as much as I would like to support my LQS ... I have taken to the internet for a significant amount of purchases.
    I am sure one of these days the owner(s) will see me in the store and comment "gee , its been awhile" . At which point I will tell them .. after all the years of purchases .... why do I still just feel like only a wallet when I walk -in.
    Be thankful for small mercies (sp???) we pay approx. $16.95/meter for our batiks.

My quilt shop has a punch card that's filled when $200 is spent. At that point you get a $20 store credit on your next purchase. I think 10% back is pretty generous.

They have a clearance section with quite a few bolts of fabric that have gotten old. It used to be 30% off but I noticed the other day it was five something a yard now instead of being a percentage off the original price.

Not often are there advertised sales but I've never been a good sale shopper anyways. I buy when I know what I need. I have a hard time buying just because something is less money at the moment. :)

Blog Entries
    ours gives a discount to members of the quilt guild

Blog Entries
    Both have pinch cards plus one does stuff on your birthday week. Gets dangerous!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    How does it work?

Do you participate in it?
    Yes it does, and absolutely! For every $500.00 you spend, you get a gift certificate for $50.00. So, you get 10% back. I've gotten two so far and am halfway to my third. I love it!!

The owners have a box of file cards with your name & info on it, and every purchase amount gets written on your card (sans sales tax).

Blog Entries
    The one very LQS to me does not have any reward program. They also charge $3-4 for a FQ, and their fabrics are easily 12-15$ a yard. Batiks are pushing $20, and they're all the same ones I can get online for about 8-10$ a yard.

The one not so LQS to me does do a reward program, but you have to spend 250$ in a 3 month period to get 10% off your next purchase of 50$ or more.

I don't participate in either.

The one I do participate in in fabric.com's points.

Ours punches a card - one dollar for every dollar you spend. When you spend I think $200, you get $20 free. It must be regular priced merchandise to qualify for a punch.

Our LQS has a card they stamp each time you purchase at least $10 worth of non-sale merchandise. When the card is full you get 10%. A quilt store about 45 miles away just keeps up with your sales in their computer then after you spend $100 worth you get 10% off.

mltquilt

One of ours has a punch card...I think you need to spend $250 and you get a $20 gift card!

Blog Entries
    There are three QS where I shop (note no Local!), and only one offers any type of bonus. I have a card that gets stamped according to how much fabric I buy. I can't say what I will get when it is full, as I haven't filled it yet!

Save your receipts and at $150 you get 1 free yard of any fabric

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast