Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your LQS have a "frequent shopper program"?

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    The local one here, does not have any program, not that I know of. but she does at times have some killer sales and great year end clearance. But my FAVORITE store of all time to shop the clearance is the one in Glendive Montana!

The LQS I go to has a card that they record your purchase on. When the card is filled up they add all the purchases and give you a credit of the averaged amount. So far I have a credit of $42 on this card.

One of my shops sends out an email with 30% off any one item during the month of -------. Excluding store kits, clearance items, services, and special order. Maximum coupon value is $30. No need to print anything just let us know when you check out you would like to use your coupon.

Everything is on the computer so she knows if you have used it or not.

Another shop prints on my receipt qualifying purchases up to $250 spent in the store or online I get 10% off my next total purchase.

Two of the local shops have programs. One that I don't go to often, has a punch card (they call it a preferred customer card) that they punch for purchases of full priced things. After $380 in punches (yeah, weird amount) it's worth $50, but only on full priced stuff (that's about 13%). I never remember to give them the card to punch and they never ask for it. :roll:

The other one that I go to a lot, keeps track of your full price purchases for you (they call it a fabric club), and when you reach $250 you get a $25 credit to spend as you like PLUS your name (along with all the others who hit $250 in that quarter) goes into a quarterly drawing for an additional $25 bonus credit. I actually won that once. Too cool!

My LQS has a purchase card. It has $5's, $10's and $25's on it and they mark the appropriate numbers for each purchase you make. When the card is filled they will give you $25 off your entire purchase. They will then give you another empty card to fill up. They also give you 25% off 6 says before up to 6 days after your b'day. You can only do that one time each year. Also on the 25th of each month you can bring your completed quilt top and they will let you purchase batting and backing for that completed top for 25% off.

Mine gives quild members 10% off every purchase and if your not a guild member you get a $20 store credit after you spend $200 (excluding sale items). Then they usually have a pajama party every year and they have different things on sale plus you get to enter a drawing for 1.wearing your pj's, 2. curlers in your hair, 3. if you have face cream on, 4. if you have a house coat, they also offer a 15% discount on all class supplies that you purchase. They also have a couple sale racks that are anywhere from 10% -40% off and if you finish the bolt you get 50% off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    I have two LQS both about the same distance from my house. Niether has a frequent shopping program. And neither ever has a sale of any kind.
    One of them the prices are up to 12.75 for most batiks and the Kaufman fabrics.
    I do find it a bit of a "stone in my shoe" that after the years of patronage there is never any ... customer appreciation in the form a sale or program.... or even random act of appreciation. I have spent big $$$. So as much as I would like to support my LQS ... I have taken to the internet for a significant amount of purchases.
    I am sure one of these days the owner(s) will see me in the store and comment "gee , its been awhile" . At which point I will tell them .. after all the years of purchases .... why do I still just feel like only a wallet when I walk -in.
    This sounds like the one that is close to me. Never ANY sales, and never willing to help. They do have a punch card but you need to spend about $275 to get $15 back. I've gone in there looking for a specific fabric, and get "you can look around, not sure if we still have any" Haven't been there in over a year, and will probably never go back. I drive about 40 minutes to get to another LQS, but they are the total opposite of the one close to me.

we have punch card that gets punched for every ten dollars you spend. when you get to a hundred dollars you get 10.00 off your next purchase.

In one of my local quilt shops you can buy 9 yards of fabric and get the 10th free. You have to have a card punched for each yard. After the card is full (I think there are about 50 yards you can punch) you can get 20% off on one order. Also, the Thursday after the quilt guild meets (they meet on Tuesday),you can get 10% off if you are a member.

Blog Entries
    Mine has various promotions each month. This month it is 40 pct off on a second item in a category, ie., notions.

We had a 30 pct off for both you and a friend if you brought a friend with you who bought something.

We also had a little gamble game thing whereby you hit the play game piece to get a number (don't remember what it was called), got a # from 1 to 6 which would then equal from 10 to 60 pct off your purchase for the day.

She also always gives 15 pct off if you are a guild member ANYWHERE. Just tell her.

She will have a different promo each month of the year. I love it.

Blog Entries
    one of ours has (punch cards) with $5, $10 and $20 spots to have punched (takes $250 to fill the card)
    when full you turn it in for $30 free shopping.
    i have joined a couple on-line programs that work about the same...spend a certain amount (they keep track) and when you reach a certain $ amount you get a gift certificate for either $25 or $30.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Filled punch card gets $20 free. Each $5 worth of purchase gets a punch. A filled card is $250. They wont punch your card for sale items or specials.

Ours has two programs...a stamp for every $10 spent and when the card is filled it's worth $25 on batting fabric, patterns and books ( equal to 10% but banked and spent in one shot)
    The second is 20% if you sign up for the birthday club-- no charge-- BUT if you come shopping with 4 friends, the birthday person gets a gift package and a discount equat to 1/2 of their age, the 4 guests get a token gift and 15% off their purchases!

The shop loves celebrations!

Mine keeps track on their computer, once you sign up for their email list they track all your purchases and when you hit the magic number you get a 20% off coupon good anytime, along with other special deals throughout the year.

Yes, a little card that you get credit on for buying none sale items. Once it is full you get 10% off your bill. Yes, I definitely participate.

In Western NY where my Mom lives one shop on your birthday gives a discount for 1/2 your age. My 83 year old Mom loves that! She says she can't wait till she can get 50 percent off.

No and it's probably a good thing too :lol: Actually, they don't run specials very often either (maybe a couple times a year) which I think is a shame because I'm much more likely to go if there is a sale and of course, I always end up buying something not on sale. Now, I usually only go when I need something.

Susan

Our LQS just started such a program. Just for signing up, I got a card in the mail for $10 off my next purchase. (Already used that on my class I'm taking.) You get a card, sort of looks like a credit card, that you give every time you purchase something. After it adds up to a certain amount, you get a percentage off, I think... Haven't had the program long enough to really know how it's going to work, and I've already managed to misplace my card, so that's not good, either!

Blog Entries
    Used to have a $25 gift certificate after you spent $250. Now they have a VIP Memebership for $35 for a year and you get 10% from the get=go. But in reality you have to spend $350 to even make up the $35 membership. Other perks are included but not enough for me to spend $35.

Ours has a 10% discount card you can get if you can show your quilt guild card. Also send out 40-50% coupons twice a month that any of the stores in the area will honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    How does it work?

Do you participate in it?
    All have some sort of promotion. 3 have stamps and after spending x amount you get either a % off or $ off next purchase. One I frequent alot has fat Friday, the last Friday of the month fat qtrs are 1.25. Also have frequent % off sales. They have kits frequently for 25% off. They have great fabric and great buys.

No but I sure wish it did.

One quilt shop I go to, you pay 20 dollars annual fee and you get 20% off all purchases for the year. Then several times a year she runs a 40% off on at least 1 yd cuttings and notions. Wonderful shop.

I frequent two shops in my town for my quilting fabrics. My favorite is computerized, and when the computer recognizes that you have spent $150.00 you get a $15.00 gift card. The second shop has a punch card which when full nets you 50% off on one cut of fabric.

Whatever you can get in the way of a discount, I'll take it please!

My LQS that is 45 miles from me keeps record of my purchases in their computer. After I have spent $100 with them they give a 10% discount on next purchase. If my next purchase is very small they let me hold the 10% over until I purchase a large amount if I want to. If I choose to not use the discount at that time that small purchase goes toward the next $100. Hope this makes sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast