Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in missery

Blog Entries
    My next husband will have to be a chiropractor.... just kidding...

Ice, ice, ice. On for 15 off for 15 for one hour. It will help reduce the inflamation and pain.

Thanks for the advise, I will give it a try.

I have been using the thermacare heat pads which help a lot. And taking ibprofen too. I have a back stretcher/ relaxer thing, I'll try that too.

30 years ago my son broke my 3rd vertabre when I gave birth to him. I have had arthritis ever since. :(

My husband has degenerating disks in his back and also tried medication. Now he's medication free because he gets a deep tissue massage once a month followed up by a chiroprator visit. And the massage makes you feel great all over...all aches and pains and stress worked out!

ICE IT! I am a veteran of such episodes and always applied heat. Finally in my 50's I learned from a young lawyer in my office whose wife was a physical trainer and whose dad in Italy was a professional soccer coach, that initially, heat just adds to inflamation. After a couple of days applying ice for abut 20 minutes at a time several times a day, then use the heat alternately with the ice. Gradually resume walking. Once you are recovered take up an exercise routine that strengthens you core. If you have a gym nearby employ the aid of a certified trainer who can teach you the moves. I can tell you from my own experience that's the long term secret to avoiding the hassle of such spasms.

Jane

Blog Entries
    This happens to me sometimes d/t bulging disc....core muscle exercises have helped

Ouch! Hope it gets better soon.

Oh Nooooooooooooooo I am so sorry - at first I thought you were in the Ozarks area!

Quote Originally Posted by suzee
    I grew up with the attitude that chiropractors were "quacks" until I had a similar experience. Just reached over to pick up a stapler and BAM! I spent a week in bed with muscle relaxers that did no good at all. Finally, a friend took me to her chiropractor. Within an hour, I was able to walk upright and pain free. Just sayin' . . . Hope you feel better soon!
    I agree...I spent years with exactly the same thing as Sewnsewer2, until I finally decided to give a chiro a go (I had always thought they were 'quacks' too). Best thing I ever did, and haven't been laid up with a bad back since. Yes, I still injure my back but I'm straight off to the chiro and I'm up and about straight away..no having to spend days in bed at all

That is all it takes. One wrong move and your out for a week or so . Prayers from my home to yours.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast