I'm So Excited

Old 06-06-2016, 06:52 AM

Default I'm So Excited

I attended an Anita Goodesign Embroidery Party this past Friday and Saturday. It was loads of fun and I'm getting a new Brother/Innovis NQ1400 emb machine. It came with lots of freebies including a free rolling case. I also won a really neat pair of curved emb scissors. The tips come down to a very fine small point. It's hard to explain but I had never seen any made quite this way. Other things I got were two free mini collections. One for buying a machine and another because one of the ladies in my group also bought one. We were grouped three people to a machine and took turns using the machine. The last drawing I won an Embroidery Party CD that sells for $560. We learned a lot of new techniques and the other two ladies at my machine were really great and we had a lot of fun. I also bought an "Art of Digitizing" CD for $99 that normally sells for $499. There were lots of giveaways and some really good prices on some things. Everything was furnished including pastries for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. Snacks and drinks were also included. I think it was well worth the money I paid for the workshop. This workshop was put on by Brother and hosted by Triad Sew & Vac in Winston-Salem, NC. Triad did a great job of hosting and their staff was super. They were always ready to help or answer questions. I think other machine manufacturers also sponsor these workshops.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

It is good to have the support of a dealership when buying a new machine for classes and technical maintenance support. I never win anything but my friend won tickets to the PBS Antique Roadshow so I am finally getting to go!
Old 06-06-2016, 08:29 AM

I usually never win anything either. Lucky you getting to go to Antique Roadshow. I would love to go. I have a couple of items I would like to know the worth.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

sounds like you had a blast. a real grown up party, and you went home with a new machine. good luck and have fun. Now that you have that machine, look out, you'll be embroidering everything in site.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:52 PM

Sounds like you hit the motherlode! Enjoy.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like you had a grand time!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:55 PM

Sounds as if the whole event was a winner from start to finish.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:08 AM

I had never used any Anita Goodesign designs and was familiar with them by name only. But if you've never used them give them a try. Their directions for their projects are some of the best I've seen. I was really impressed by how easy the directions were to follow. They show each step and tell you what to do and when. One thing I really liked was they stitch an outline on the stabilizer of where the design will go. It makes it easy to see if you need to change something. I really like the way they did their projects. We did a zipper pouch, a printed fabric block, trapunto block, towel end, folded fabric block, embroidered paper card and confetti block in the workshop.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:40 AM

Congrats on your new machine, I bet you are going to have a fantastic time sewing on it.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:02 AM

I don't have the machine yet. Thankfully, I still have my PE770 I can use until I get the new one. Lots of new techniques to try.