iMac and Questions

Old 10-18-2015, 09:34 AM

Default iMac and Questions

Hope I can post this here.

1. I have an iMac upgrade to OS X El Capitan Version 10.11 I have noticed that overtime I go into my mail (which came on iMac) it locks up. Can't do a darn thing. Anyone else getting this problem.

2. What all photo programs do you use on your iMac, I don't like what it came with.

3. Has anyone used Thunderbird on iMac? have it on my windows computers.

4. Is there anything other than iTunes that you would recommend? So totally hate iTunes.

Thanks
verna2197
Old 10-19-2015, 06:58 AM

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Call a Genius at your local Apple Store and have the pros diagnose and fix your issues. That's what they're there for.
The mail program in Mac has always worked without a glitch for us. Once you get your Mac running to apple specs, you shouldn't need a separate email program unless you're a professional email marketer-then try MailChimp.
I love iPhoto, but there's a version of Photoshop for macs too. Depends how how intense you need to get in your editing. But give iPhoto a try before spending a lot of money.
iTunes-no help from me-I barely listen to music.
Good luck with your iMac. I love mine. We've been Mac people since the late 90's and will never go back to the blue screen of death!
Old 10-19-2015, 08:26 AM

Thank you for your information. Yes I am thinking that I am going to have to take it in. Had to have my OS re-installed about a month ago, don't know what happened but I lost everything. Have had my mac for almost 2 years now, still trying to adjust to it.

I have tried and tried iPhoto, what I don't like is you can put your photos in a folder but they still stay in the original place, to me thats a waste of space, same as on iPhone and iPad.

I put music onto my iPod for traveling but I really hate using iTunes, that has to be one of the most unfriendliness apps I have ever seen.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:07 AM

Good Morning Verna2197 and to ALL.

Verna, You are FUNNY! You Avatar is so true.

Kathleen aka quilter 68 who is now 74.