Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: internet virus software question

Blog Entries
    webroot is what i have. got an email about webroot internet essentials now. must i get that also??. can't get an answer from them. i had norton until a download crashed my computer. (they just chr'd my credit card-don't know why-disputed the chrg!).

The only one I'd consider that is free is AVG for virus protection....I think they do spam filtering, too. We have QWEST and they provide free virus/spam protection.

I have Avast it is a free program works well for me.

I use AVG free also - they seem to update several times a day - annoying, as it slows the computer down, but I guess I am being protected.

Amandasgramma, do people tell you you look like Fannie Flagg? Every time I see your pic that is who I think of.

QKO
    AVG is pretty popular, but the later versions are pigs and really slow your system down if you're using Win Vista or Win 7. I also had frequent crashes and system lockups using AVG with my version of Win7 64 bit. After months of research, I figured out it was AVG causing it.

Switched to Avast free and the problems disappeared. A combination of Avast (free) and Spybot S&D (also free) will give you plenty of protection at no cost.