Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Iphone5

Iphone5

Has anyone gotten the new iPhone? What do you think
    of it? Is it any wider or just a little taller? I have th iphone4
    and was thinking of going to the 5.

I think it's a money sink, just like the Ipods.

I just need a phone that works and takes pictures. That is why I am perfectly happy with my flip phone made by Samsung.

Not one that can do everything but drive the car.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Power Poster
    We wrestled with the decision for the Iphone or Ipad. We finally went with the Ipad because all we needed was a pay as you go simple phone.

Well to each his own. I love my iPhone 4 and as soon as the 5 shows up again in the Apple Store I will be getting one. Moneysink or not it gives me enormous pleasure because I use it for lots of things, (except driving the car, haha) the least of which is actual phone calling. My son and his partner each got the new iPhone 5s and they can't stop raving about it. It is advertised as being a little taller and lighter than the 4 or 4S. Probably a google search would give you all the info you need.

I agree with Chasing Hawk, I only want a phone to make phone calls. I have a older flip phone and it is adequate.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Money sink? I'd be lost without my iPod for my favorite music and audiobooks. I just transferred the latest Lee Child audiobook and Odd Thomas novel to it. The music CDs and audiobooks are free from the library. I can plug it into my car, alarm clock, speakers or use headphones. It does a lot more, but that's all I use it for.

An iPad is on my Christmas wish list, and when I finally get around to ditching my landline, I'll definitely get the iPhone 5 to replace my old LG.

Quote Originally Posted by MattieMae View Post
    Money sink? I'd be lost without my iPod for my favorite music and audiobooks. I just transferred the latest Lee Child audiobook and Odd Thomas novel to it. The music CDs and audiobooks are free from the library. I can plug it into my car, alarm clock, speakers or use headphones. It does a lot more, but that's all I use it for.

An iPad is on my Christmas wish list, and when I finally get around to ditching my landline, I'll definitely get the iPhone 5 to replace my old LG.
    I have the 3rd generation Ipod touch. That's all I need. I don't feel the need to go out and get the latest and greatest version of something that comes out. Our latest venture into the new electronics age is a Laptop...lol
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

gee do they make phones that you can call out and receive calls on and thats it.... I miss them

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    I have the 3rd generation Ipod touch. That's all I need. I don't feel the need to go out and get the latest and greatest version of something that comes out. Our latest venture into the new electronics age is a Laptop...lol
    You've got me beat. I'm still using a 4th generation iPod nano from 2008, and just an iMac desktop bought in 2008. ~~

Don't know much about the iPod touch or the iPad. What all
    can u do with them? I have a desk top computer. I use my
    iphone when I am not near the computer. I think I have
    listened to the radio on it when I first got it. Not much of a
    music person these days. I did download the bible that is
    the only book I read. I haven't never been big with reading
    books. But also with my phone I like taking pics when I dont
    have my camera with me. I like a phone that takes good pics.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast