Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Its been a year already.........

Banned
    I was just looking at my info and I noticed that my one year anniversary was yesterday. Its hard to believe that I have been here that long it seems like I just joined in not too long ago. I know that I have made lots of great friends and learned so much about quilting here. This is hands down one of the best places to come for information on quilting and if you ever run into an issue then there are lots of folks willing to help you out!

Thanks for the wonderful site and for having me here!!

Billy

Congrats Billy...doesn't the time fly!! We are learning from you as well. I'm sure we would be lost with out your expertise.

Thank you for being willing to share all your wonderful information and knowledge of vintage machines with us!

Blog Entries
    I have enjoyed it too. Your anniversary is on my birthday. You have educated many of us on the vintage machines and many other things. Your quilting is excellent and seems to be no challenge at all for you. Not to mentioon your custom painting. You have brought much to the board and I for one have enjoyed it very much. Happy Anniversary.

Banned
    Trust me my quilting is always a challenge for me. :lol: I guess I am just lucky I havent messed anything up so bad that it sticks out like a sore thumb! :thumbup:

But I am glad that I can give back something even though I am far from an expert on anything. I am looking forward to many more years on here and all of the wonderful quilts and machines that you guys bring to the table!!

Billy

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    This board is a wonderful place and Billy you are a wonderful person. Congratulations on your 1year anniversary.

Blog Entries
    congratulations Billy! You are our idol on vintage machines, thanks for all you do for us!

We are really glad you are here. So much info and help for all of us. May you stay with us many more years.

Blog Entries
    Happy Anniversary Billy :D:D:D
    You have taught us a lot too, I look forward to learning much more from you 8-)

Time does fly doesn't it! For me and many other lovers of all things vintage you have been a really valuable presence on this board...especially with your wealth of knowledge on repairs and restoration and your willingness to share. It's been great "watching" you transform the machines. Particularly the "hot rod" finishes for the ones beyond standard restoration. It's also great to see quilts that are made by males...it gives us a different way of looking at design and fabric.

So thank you, for helping keep vintage alive and being a bloke who can tell a really good yarn (your story about your neighbour cracked me up!). Over the next few days I will be immersing myself in the vintage threads so I can learn more about and restore my new acquisition...Yep I finally found a treadle! My gorgeous Singer 1912.

So keep on treadling and posting!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast