Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Its been a year already......... >

Its been a year already.........

Its been a year already.........

Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Ida

Hi, Billy. Happy Anniversary! I have so enjoyed seeing the old cars. Takes me back quite a few! I will be 70 in March, and during my youth (LOL) I drove in NHRA. We had a great time. Also ran clocks at races, and would drive for five hours after work to get to race the weekend, then after no sleep, go to work on Monday. WOW, couldn't even come close to doing that now. My first hubby made me quit!

So, Billy, keep up the great help and taking me down memory lane!

Ida
Old 10-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ida
Hi, Billy. Happy Anniversary! I have so enjoyed seeing the old cars. Takes me back quite a few! I will be 70 in March, and during my youth (LOL) I drove in NHRA. We had a great time. Also ran clocks at races, and would drive for five hours after work to get to race the weekend, then after no sleep, go to work on Monday. WOW, couldn't even come close to doing that now. My first hubby made me quit!

So, Billy, keep up the great help and taking me down memory lane!

Ida
That is really sweet!!! So you were around when they were running at airstrips and what not. That was back when they were traveling around the country promoting Drag Racing. The birth of Hot Rodding!

Lucky you!!!

Billy
Old 10-14-2010, 03:07 PM

Happy Anniversary, Billy. I have learned more than I thought I needed to know! Keep the info coming!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:20 PM

Hey...only a year?? I'm such a newbie, I thought you'd been here years! Congrats on the one year mark and may I add my thanks to you for your expertise on vintage machines...now I not only own a Featherweight, but also a treadle (just acquired so can't even give you any info on it..except it's a Singer), and old, old Black Kenmore in a box (box is ratty, but I think fixable), and my daughter has an old black New Home (I think) she was given and is giving it to me! Wish I had time to go through them all...perhaps in a month or so when it's too cold out to do anything outside. I wouldn't have needed all these old things if I hadn't picked up on everyone's acquisitions and your instructions on how to clean them up, your supply of parts, etc.
Thanks for allowing us to join in your hobby and for all your help! (Not giving my age away here, but I love the walk down memory lane with the cars, too!!) LOL!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:00 PM

It's true what they say Billy, "Time flys when you're having fun>" You have really made it fun, you have picked up a lot of fans and friends along the way. Can't remember what I did before "Billy" and VSMS !Congratulations !!!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:25 AM

Happy Belated Anniversary, Billy!!!!!!Thanks for all your help with my sewing machines. I have learned so much from you, and what you have done for others.