Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's either gout, osteoarthritis, or????????????

Blog Entries
    Woke up Fri with a really hurting big toe. Called my reumatologist, they called back, it might be gout, but it's really not swollen enough. It hurts enough I'm limping all the time...it's also not red enough. They said they'd check with the doc and call me back, which they did at 4 :45 today :thumbdown:

In the meantime, I was able to get an appt with my internist, which was a really lucky thing, she said he had 2 physicals cancel. He wasn't sure about the gout, decided not to draw blood and check for uric acid, gave me a prescription for indomethacin.

We filled it and I took one and settled in, the phone rings and i's the reumie's call back. She thinks it's osteoarthritis and wants me to get blood work. It's closer to do the internist, so I have to call him back and see if he'll leave a lab slip for me. And the remie wants me to take a Medrol pack (steroids). Internist thought not, but he did say it's more the reumie's area so....I'm going to be starting the steroids tomorrow, no energy to go pick 'em up today...or bottom line I guess it could just be a new migrating fibro pain. OTOH, I feel relatively certain one or both drugs will help. :roll:

Blog Entries
    I sure hope you start feeling better soon.

I am sorry to hear you are in pain. Hope your doctors are able to get this issues resolved very quickly.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Sounds like you need a BIG HUG :D:D
    Hope you feel better soon!!!

Feel better! Pain is awful...

Blog Entries
    Yup pain is bad, and this is breaking *thru* my serious pain meds! Thanks for the good wishes and hugs.

Blog Entries
    Just an idea, you could drink Cherry Juice just in case it is gout. Hope you get some relief.

hope you start feeling better soon.

Gout starts out this way, and just gets worse unloess you are on meds for it. We had a friend that started out with a sore toe and pretty soon could not get his shoe on. The only thing was, it got so bad for him that the cure was worse then the gout. He had to cut out beef, pork and a whole bunch of stuff. Hope you feel better soon.

you are on the net so look up the side effects of any drugs before you take them--- also some dont mix well----vit e caps knock back my gout but also thin the blood so be wary if taking blood thinners already

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast