Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM
greenini

Woke up Fri with a really hurting big toe. Called my reumatologist, they called back, it might be gout, but it's really not swollen enough. It hurts enough I'm limping all the time...it's also not red enough. They said they'd check with the doc and call me back, which they did at 4 :45 today :thumbdown:

In the meantime, I was able to get an appt with my internist, which was a really lucky thing, she said he had 2 physicals cancel. He wasn't sure about the gout, decided not to draw blood and check for uric acid, gave me a prescription for indomethacin.

We filled it and I took one and settled in, the phone rings and i's the reumie's call back. She thinks it's osteoarthritis and wants me to get blood work. It's closer to do the internist, so I have to call him back and see if he'll leave a lab slip for me. And the remie wants me to take a Medrol pack (steroids). Internist thought not, but he did say it's more the reumie's area so....I'm going to be starting the steroids tomorrow, no energy to go pick 'em up today...or bottom line I guess it could just be a new migrating fibro pain. OTOH, I feel relatively certain one or both drugs will help. :roll: