Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: It's snowing in Houston LOL

Boss just sent me home. LOL. Gonna take the kids to go play in it. WOW this is 2 years in a row. Will post pics later.

My sister is in Houston and she said snow follow her everywhere. She moved from Indiana to Houston in March of 2008. enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Ha, ha. i moved from Houston in 1989 and remember it snowing in 1963 and then in 1976!!! enjoy!! you can have it. i've enough of my own in Colorado

I heard this morning on the news (Lynchburg, VA) that it would be snowing in Houston today. If the weather guy can get it right for Houston--maybe he will get it right for us. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches.

LET IT SNOW!!!

Rose Hall

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    lol, I just looked on the weather network and it says you guys are having light snow, but with a 'winter storm warning'.
    How much accumulation would you need for it to be considered a snow storm in the south?
    I went to a city in the south of France a couple of years ago, and their city gets totally paralyzed for a few inches of snow. Snow plows and things like that don't exist over there, so aparantly the whole city shuts down...

The county schools shut down with the threat of snow, but the city schools (where I work) don't. The county roads are unpaved and mountainous. They can be very dangerous and everyone is so lawsuit happy these days I guess the school systems knows to CYA.
    The businesses, etc. shut down with 6 in. or more. I am orginally from N. Indiana where we have "real" snow plows. I joke the ones here in Va are made from Tupperware! When the blade hits the road it doesn't even spark.
    Rose Hall

If is snowed here, it would be the end of the world!!! No one has plows, most have never seen a real snow shovel in their lives. The 5 billion cars on the road In Los Angeles would all collide into each other. A true disaster!!! LOL

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Forget winter tires, too, I guess?

They're mandatory here, you HAVE to have winter tires on your car from december to april, and you HAVE to put summer/all seasons on your car the rest of the year, or they WILL give you tickets.

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    Great, you are getting snow in Huston, and none for us here in the boonies of NC LOL I so want some snow this year.

Please keep it there!! lol We haven't had any yet and I don't want any. I really need to move south.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast