Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jenny's heat cutting tool

Jenny's heat cutting tool

Hi,
    Has anyone heard of this Jenny's heat cutting tool? It is used for free standing ornaments.
    You would cut the edge of the embroidery away from the stabilizer.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    Jenny Haskins makes a stencil cutting tool called the Magic Heat Cutting Tool. I have used it in a class to "burn" away the edges of thread painting in tulle.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Blog Entries
    I have one - haven't used it. One of those I need it purchases that really wasn't a need.
    Quilting in the Desert

I love mine! Just be careful when using it, do a little at a time! Otherwise, you can burn a hole right thru your project!
    Chrystina
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning.., Satan shudders & says ..."Oh no....she's awake"

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrystinapCreations

Blog Entries
    I used it in class too; pretty easy to do. You can also use a wood burning tool as long as it has the ability to use the small pointed tips. this was great for me because I already had the wood burning tool.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    I used it in class too; pretty easy to do. You can also use a wood burning tool as long as it has the ability to use the small pointed tips. this was great for me because I already had the wood burning tool.
    That's what I was going to suggest ... you could use a JoAnn or Michael's coupon and spend a lot less $$ I would think.

I bought the burning tool that Hobby Lobby sells, it is like JoAnn and Michaels. I just purchased the Jenny Haskins tool, it is alot better. The Jenny Haskins tool has better tips and you can purchase just replacement tips if you wear them out. I have done alot of the cut out work with the wood burning tool but I love the Jenny Haskins tool. Honestly, if you do any type of cutting I would go with the Jenny Haskins, it is 100% better.