Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Moon Glow Quilt by Jenny Beyer the tool >

Moon Glow Quilt by Jenny Beyer the tool

Moon Glow Quilt by Jenny Beyer the tool

Old 05-04-2011, 09:02 AM

Hi, I have the moon glow kit by Jenny Beyer for now 3 yrs...I was wondering if her perfect piecer tool would help with this pattern? I have to admit that this kit total freaks me out :( I really want to make it and my dear Fiance' bought this kit for me and keeps asking when I plan on making it....If anyone has made this quilt do you have any advice...do you paper piece/or can you paper piece all the blocks? but seriously, I'm still struggling with my wolf song quilt and I have to say, that I told my Fiance' that I was going to give up quilting...but will enter a new thread on that matter.....
Old 05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Hmmmm.... I need to find that tool, never heard of it. Jinny Beyer's designs are glorious but not easy!!!
I'm going to watch this thread, thanks! :)
Old 05-04-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by btiny36
Hi, I have the moon glow kit by Jenny Beyer for now 3 yrs...I was wondering if her perfect piecer tool would help with this pattern? I have to admit that this kit total freaks me out :( I really want to make it and my dear Fiance' bought this kit for me and keeps asking when I plan on making it....If anyone has made this quilt do you have any advice...do you paper piece/or can you paper piece all the blocks? but seriously, I'm still struggling with my wolf song quilt and I have to say, that I told my Fiance' that I was going to give up quilting...but will enter a new thread on that matter.....
I have the same problem ... I inherited the Moon Glow kit from my sister and I'm afraid to try anthing. I had heard that you can paper piece the blocks, but haven't been able to figure it out. I'll be watching to see if anyone has any ideas to help us. :)
Old 05-04-2011, 09:12 AM

I'm working on a quilt right now that is quite complex. I'm to a point where I'm starting something new that I've never tried before ( curved piecing) and I keep putting off. Now , after quilting 11 years I KNOW that the fear of doing it will be way worse than jumping right in. I just need to clear that "fear" hurdle. My guess is that it's the same for you.

I would guess that if you do have a problem then someone here on this site can help you with that exact kit. It's stunning quilt and will be worth the effort.

I've made several of Jinny's quilt kits and also hand pieced a wallhanging of hers. Truth be told, I bought the perfect piecer but have yet to use it. So no, it's not necessary. If Moonglow is almost all paperpieced ( as I suspect) the perfect piecer won't help much.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 AM

BTW, for anyone interested, you can download the patterns for free on her website and there are foundation piecing instructions included.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 AM
saf

Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
BTW, for anyone interested, you can download the patterns for free on her website and there are foundation piecing instructions included.
thanks for passing this on. I will definitely have a look.
DH has just bought me Jenny's book 'Simple Stitches, Exquisite Quilts' and I was just looking on the web for her tool.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:32 AM

For $10, Fabric Depot offers a special Thursday night class on any pattern you want to make. Just take your stuff and they will get you jump started. HUGE help on difficult patterns. It's in Portland, of course, but there are probably shops around your area that will offer something similar.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by lynn_z
For $10, Fabric Depot offers a special Thursday night class on any pattern you want to make. Just take your stuff and they will get you jump started. HUGE help on difficult patterns. It's in Portland, of course, but there are probably shops around your area that will offer something similar.
Gosh, I wish I lived closer :) Great idea.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Here is a link to the tool: http://www.jinnybeyer.com/ax_commerc...E52821CFC85A42
Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

When I googled it, it said that Moonglow is a combination of paper piecing (the compass blocks) and log cabin. The log cabin can either be chain strip pieced, or you can make a paper piece template. So, it shouldn't be hard, as long as you like paper piecing.