Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!! >

July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!!

July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 AM

hi honey, I'm home!!!

geeze, it's been awhile....anyone even remember me??? We finally got the house sold & we moved into our temp home while our forever home (please God!!) is being built. So life is finally slowing down but what a wild ride we have had!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 PM

Hi beach bound! Welcome back! There are still some of us oldtimers hanging in here. I haven't been losing weight, but the dr's scale says I'm an inch shorter. I wanted to lose inches but I meant around, not vertical! Sheesh, I could grow 18" in height and I wouldn't need to lose weight at all. My luck I'm in reverse! Glad to have you back!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:34 PM

Think I"ll use my neighbor's scale for the numbers it has. I weight on hers and am 8# lighter than on mine at home. I like that much better. I'll report in with my scale at the first of the month and use hers at the end of the month - sounds like a good deal to me - okay??? LOL. I need to weigh at the doctors one day, then at Betty's and at mine to see which is the number to really use. Don't know why there's such a difference in the two I've used. Had pot pies tonight with extra veggies, should be good. We'll see. Keep the faith everyone and watch those calories.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:07 PM

I got yours yesterday. Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
back on track with walking now that a/c has been fixed and house is back to normal...already mailed my blue fabric to Cindy and cdm yours is in the mail for June. I'm working on three doll quilts rights now...first one just needs binding. Weather is SO HOT here in Texas! Going to try and get quite a bit of sewing finished this weekend.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 PM

Hope everyone is doing well. I've slacked a little with signing in. I'm staying on track, working out at least 5 mornings a week. But still hanging out at same weight I finished june with!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:14 PM

I bought a new scale Sunday. I've graduated to the digital world, but I'm leery of inputting the info so it can calculate my percentage of body fat. There are some things I'd rather not know. Yesterday it seemed a little off from my old one, but today they were exactly the same. I have a Dr app't Thursday so I'll weigh on the new one just before I leave the house. The old spring style one is very accurate.

Welcome back, Beachbound.

I almost ate a kettle type potato chip at dinner, which means it was fried twice, but I remembered in time. I don't even like them, but they were in front of me. I did enjoy my grilled chicken with cheese and the veggies - no bun.

Have a good evening.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:16 PM

Brenda, just read that you are working on doll quilts. Do you have pictures? I just started one today for a cousin. She is getting an antique cradle from her mother, so this will be for it. But my mind doesn't work on small quilts like this very well. Need inspiration.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Irish, I understand the digital unease. We step on it, it says one weight. We step off, step back on and a different weight. So which one should I believe. Now I just decided the first one is the one I write down. It should come out in the wash (I hope).

I already lost on this weeks taboo. We had pork steak in the frying pan. Also cooked zucchini. Do any of you have recipes for zucchini? Ours is growing like crazy and I don't want to make jam this time. Also don't want to make the bread/cakes, because I would eat it all.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:16 PM

I only get on my scale once. That's enough! You get different numbers with numerous weighings? Huh!
I made a good dinner tonight. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and then steamed some green beans, cut up cauliflower and stirred in a little ranch dressing and then sliced a peach. I realize the chicken probably has all kinds of bad stuff in it but with the slice I ate it couldn't be too many calories.
Hi Dody! Good to have you back.
My daughter had her first ultrasound yesterday. My grandchild looks like a little shrimp!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 PM

Pam H - did you go with your daughter? I never had an ultrasound with our DD. But I'll bet it was wonderful. Are they going to find out what they are having? Keep us posted.

It was a surprise for us. Had a boy's name picked out, but it took us 3 days before we came up with one for her. Today I read her facebook and found out that she had tripped over something in the apt and broke a toe. So wanted to put my arms around her. I must need a pill, I'm getting teary. Been a long, emotional day. Take care everyone - be good to you.