Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just had to send it on to someone

Just had to send it on to someone

My girlfriend just sent me this -

With Regret

Whitney Houston's death, while a sad thing, was the direct result of very unwise life choices. It dominates the news.

Charlie Sheen is 45 and his story is all over the news because he is a substance abuser, an adulterer, sexually promiscuous and obnoxious.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she is a celebrity drug addict and thief.

Something as frivolous as Kim Kardashians stupid wedding [and short-lived marriage] was shoved down our throats, While........

Justin Allen 23
    Brett Linley 29
    Matthew Weikert 29
    Justus Bartett 27
    Dave Santos 21
    Jesse Reed 26
    Matthew Johnson 21
    Zachary Fisher 24
    Brandon King 23
    Christopher Goeke 23
    and Sheldon Tate 27...

Are all Marines that gave their lives last month for you. There is no media for them; not even a mention of their names.

Honor THEM by sending this on.

God bless you, Rest In Peace, and
    THANK YOU, TROOPS.

Blog Entries
    Thank you and point well taken from a military dependent.
    Judy

The PBS Newshour honors all the fallen servicemen at the end of the broadcast. Too bad the mainstream "news" channels can't do the same.

Blog Entries
    AMEN!!! So sad that we have a society that value celebrities more than the ones who protect us!!

Amen.....that's interesting..the 4th marine down...Justus Bartelt is from my hometown in IL....RIP Justus.

This is one of my pet peeves. I refuse to listen to any news about those people, I will not watch one of those programs geared toward stars or so they think. I pray for our service men and women and praise the parents who raise the people and especially for the wives and husbands. We just lost 2 service men from out area and my heart hurts for them and us. Because the are the people who we need as leaders in the future. People who give instead of take. Sorry if this came off as being bossy it is just one of my peeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
    AMEN!!! So sad that we have a society that value celebrities more than the ones who protect us!!
    This is not a new attitude, it's actually an old one unfortunately. In England after the Napoleonic War and the War of 1812 injured veterans were having to live on the streets and beg to survive. Troops, by and large, were considered "cannon fodder" and therefore expendable.

Blog Entries
    VERY well said, that pictures says it all. Thanks for sharing.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    copying and pasting that to my FB page!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast