Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just had to send it on to someone >

Just had to send it on to someone

Just had to send it on to someone

Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM

I remember when President Johnsons eldest daughter was getting married. I to was getting married. My Dad was a better man then he and no one put his name in the news. I hear you loud and clear.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 PM

I gree with you 100 %, Chris Christie had the flag lower half staff in honor of Ms. Whitney. I find that unjust. Just because N.J. Was her birth place. Shame on him.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM

The fact that soldiers, OUR men and women died as a consequence of oil greed is not as important as filling up the SUV and the dualie cheaply. PBS Newshour gives the names and home towns as well as uses a picture of the deceased service man or woman. They do this in silence to honor and reflect on the gift that this person has given up. If you haven't seen this then perhaps changing the channel from the drivel is an option.
PS It was not shoved down our throats. We willingly watched. A remote did come with that TV! Don't blame the media for giving most, I repeat most, of the people what they want to watch. The rest of us use the remote to change the channel. Sorry this is so strident, but this is a hot button for me. I lost a loved one during the Viet Nam Conflict and am still smarting from that stupid war.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 PM

thank you, as a military brat (born on a military base), a military wife, and now retired, i spent my whole life "in" the military, and yes it saddens my heart that our service men/women barely get a thank you. I live near a military base and a gentlemen was shopping in uniform at one of our local stores, I walked up to him and thanked him for all he is doing for our country... he just teared up and hugged me.. thats where it all belongs.... thank you to all that has served and those that stood beside a spouse, son, daughter, etc and supported them.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 PM

And it starts at the top of our nation.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 PM

There are two polical programs on Meet the Press and the other one the host is from Good Morning America I can't remember the name of the show but they both at the end of the show have a Memorium for the men/woman killed that week. Sue
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by carlasuewho View Post
WOW, that is one powerful picture, its sad because its true.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 PM

That just breaks my heart, she got so much attention, it was sickening, and to add her daughter to the mix, i didn't hear anything abouts soldiers, daughters, wives, mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers. God Bless all of our troops, i can't thank you enough,
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mommomjoann View Post
I gree with you 100 %, Chris Christie had the flag lower half staff in honor of Ms. Whitney. I find that unjust. Just because N.J. Was her birth place. Shame on him.
Right on!! She didn't give her life so our country could remain free. Her life ended because of her bad & sad choices. The Flag never should have been lowered for her. I did admire her voice.