Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: just measure it for me!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I asked my daughter to measure the nursing cape I made her a few months back so I could do another for her sil. She said " ok, but can't you just look it up on the qb or something?" I found it on another site but I know full well if I get on the computer it will mean 3 hrs of QB and sewing sites; "Just measure it Kiersten"!!! but she is busy so here I am! and they wonder why I didn't scrub the floor today!

Know exactly what you're saying....

If she wants her SIL to have one, she will have to get on it. At least that is my opinion. If not she can tell her why she didn't get it. Call it tough love but it's time for young adults to wake up and take some response ability. Sorry, I'm NOT dishing your daughter, I'm talking from experience with our 3.
    Please understand, I mean no disrespect to you or your daughter!

Blog Entries
    I will surf and see if I can find you the pattern

http://sewing.about.com/od/hallowee1...Nurses-Cap.htm

you meant cap instead of cape????

Quote Originally Posted by cherrio
    I asked my daughter to measure the nursing cape I made her a few months back so I could do another for her sil. She said " ok, but can't you just look it up on the qb or something?" I found it on another site but I know full well if I get on the computer it will mean 3 hrs of QB and sewing sites; "Just measure it Kiersten"!!! but she is busy so here I am! and they wonder why I didn't scrub the floor today!

Oh I truly understand, Cherrio. I sewed a cute little smocking dress for DGD and later asked DD to measure the width, length, etc. so I could make more. Let's see....hmmm....only took about 6 weeks of harassing her to finally get her to do the measurements.

Hmmm, I thought she meant a cape you use when nursing a baby, oops!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-93908-1.htm

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hahaha, yeah, sure!! Blame someone else for being here!! (just kidding) :D:D

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Hmmm, I thought she meant a cape you use when nursing a baby, oops!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-93908-1.htm
    yes, a nursing cape. found a site with the directions/measurements I needed. thanks to all! and yes I tell my girls that I'm talking to friends on the board and it would be rude to just duck out! yea, then I scrub floors at 2 am when the dogs aren't under foot. that's my story

Banned
    Blog Entries
    see...this generation thinks ALL of their issues can be resolved with the INTERNET..no thinking, no working..just sit on your backside and surf the net!