Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just one bite.

Just one bite.

You ever tell your kids that? That was our rule when our kids were little. Just try one bite, if you don't like it, you won't have to eat anymore. 9 times out of 10 they would love it. And we never forced them to eat anything that they did not like. There are more important things to fight over. The only times they had to finish what was on their plates was if they wanted seconds. Was never in the habit of serving dessert right after supper.

Well, the other night, my youngest told us he was meeting some friends at a bar. (He's old enough) But, the bar was a sushi bar! I guess all those times of telling him just one bite paid off. He actually likes sushi! (Should I keep it a secret that I don't think I could eat it?! LOL)

Is there anything that your kids will eat that you don't think you could?

Blog Entries
    My son only liked chicken when he was little. So we had a HUGE array of chicken......like white chicken (chicken) and brown chicken (beef) and then there was grey chicken (pork). He wouldnt eat beef but he would eat brown/pink chicken and loved it! He is 22 now, and thankfully knows the difference between beef and chicken

And you should try sushi, I didnt think I would like it either. A friend told me to try a bite and see what I think. I love it now, it is fresh and light but still filling. It is my "happy day" meal!

We always told my son just to try things and always offered a wide variety of foods. I was never one for fixing separate meals for picky eaters, so he learned to eat what we do. Interestingly, he likes fish (husband and I don't) and he is always willing to try new stuff - escargot, deep-fried crickets, liver (ugh!). He's got a great food sense, listens to his body to tell him when he's hungry, doesn't eat just to be eating. I could learn from him...

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I HATE shrimp. I don't even like to smell shrimp. All 3 of my kids love the stuff.

Scrapple is one item I can't stomach but my kids love.

I am with you - my thinking is that raw fish is bait! I would do a roll with the seaweed, rice and other things if there was no fish

There are lots of things my sons will eat that I won't: sushi, beef tongue (oldest son loves it in tacos), jalapenos, shell fish, shrimp, octopus, squid, chicken gizzards...just what I can think of off the top of my head. Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

My DD just told me she loves Brussels sprouts. This is the kid who hated green as a child. I hate Brussels sprouts. She would eat just about anything if she could pick it straight from the plant. I never could get peas in. She and her little friend would eat them from the vine.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Our rule was they had to eat whatever was served, period. When they got out on their own, I found out everything they had to eat that they didn't like. Too bad our house our rules.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Escargot. And sushi. You ARE NOT going to make me eat it. Ever. So there.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast