Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kelim

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banaz View Post
    I'm glad that have good friends in QB.Iran is under sanctions and we haven't the book, magazine about quilting and EQ and many things necessary such as drug.
    I'm learning from all here.Thanks for tutorials,encouragement and comments.
    It is interesting for us to learn a little bit about your country, your life, from one who actually lives there -- instead of from news media. It's sad for many of us when we hear of the deprivation other cultures live under, such as the shortages you mentioned.

How did you learn your lovely English?
    Besides quilting and other fiber crafts, what things keep you busy each day?
    Do you have pets like so many here on QB do?

Please feel free not to answer if this invades your privacy! I only ask in the curiosity of one quilter for another; I do not intend to be impolite.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Lovely Banaz!! Thank you for sharing.

I too would love to hear more about your country, especially where quilting and other fabric arts are concerned if you are willing to share.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

That is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Alyce

awesome work of art. Barb
    be happy

Blog Entries
    *** Simply Beautiful
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

That is stunning - can't wait to see it finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    It is interesting for us to learn a little bit about your country, your life, from one who actually lives there -- instead of from news media. It's sad for many of us when we hear of the deprivation other cultures live under, such as the shortages you mentioned.

How did you learn your lovely English?
    Besides quilting and other fiber crafts, what things keep you busy each day?
    Do you have pets like so many here on QB do?

Please feel free not to answer if this invades your privacy! I only ask in the curiosity of one quilter for another; I do not intend to be impolite.
    Iran is a country with different climate,Types of fruits and saffron and oil-rich.Most factories are closed , there is Chinese goods in the markets and drugs are from china and India. My colleague died after cesarean Because anesthetic was china.Most medicines are past expiration date but are used.Internet is very slow here and also filter,youtube and facebook are lock and must be used anti filter. I'm a teacher.Leisure hours I do crochet,knitting,cross stitch,traditional hand work,kelim,carpet.
    When I was at high school and then at the University We had 2 hour English on week .your comments is useful for Better understand and the writing .There's English Language classes and my friends go for learn.Yes ,Few people have dog and cat,We have 3cats and 2 kitties that Born two weeks ago .Thanks for your interest and attention.

Beautiful weaving you are doing, and thank you for sharing it with us. Thank you also for telling us a bit about your life and your country.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us. I would not have the patience to set up the loom.
    Singer 66 treadle, 15-91. 1036. White 2334 Brother serger. And Singer 600 (Touch & Sew) that doesn't count because I only wanted the cabinet!

Your work is beautiful! Thank you for sharing both your work and a peak into your life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast