Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Kids are so different then their siblings >

Kids are so different then their siblings

Kids are so different then their siblings

Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 AM

I have 3 girls. The oldest is going to be 34 in November, one is 32 and just a couple weeks ago my youngest turned 30. Man do I feel old. These 3 are my biological kids...theres 8 more kids adopted and step. For a total of 11 kids.
Anyways, my oldest is someone that has the need to always help others no matter what.
The middle one, is a giver. She thrives on giving to others.
Now for my youngest...shes an adventurer...I think she is fearless. She is willing to do anything at least once. Shes a rock climber, a horse rider, hiker, swimmer, you name it she probably does it. The last thing that was just removed from her bucket list is sky diving. Her friends all got together and pitched in for a skydiving trip for her. And today she did it.....and here she is.... That girl has more guts then I ever had or will ever have. She says she LOVED IT and is thinking about doing it again. Notice how the man has his mouth shut? I wonder if he swallowed a few bugs before. LOL

The push!!!! I would have pee'd my pants at this point!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255295[/ATTACH]

Look at that view...There are fires burning and that is smoke. Normally it is really clear skies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255296[/ATTACH]

THUMBS UP!!! Good thing those are her real teeth...or they would have blown away.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255297[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255289.jpe   attachment-255290.jpe   attachment-255291.jpe  
Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 AM

I can understand how you feel, my daughter is 42 and went to Fiji with school friends from preps grade 1.and went there for a friends 40th and she went skydiving and she has 5 kids I went mad at her...she said oh well.Mind you no one else did it.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by heather1949
I can understand how you feel, my daughter is 42 and went to Fiji with school friends from preps grade 1.and went there for a friends 40th and she went skydiving and she has 5 kids I went mad at her...she said oh well.Mind you no one else did it.
I honestly do not know where our kids get the guts to do stuff like this. I personally prefer to be CLOSE to the ground. Shes an adventurer thats for sure. I was worried all day long until I knew she was safe on the ground again.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 AM

Back in the days when DH was a young skinny AF trainee they wanted him to jump out of planes. His response - "I'll learn how so I can if I have to, but I'm not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane if it can still fly!"
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 AM

Wow! Shes gutsy!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I would be a complete mess if one of my kids did that. My 2 older ones are big chickens but I can see Eli doing that. I call him my dare devil. When he was 2 he had a cast on his left arm from jumping off the couches when my back was turned but did he learn a lesson? NO!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:55 AM

Congrats to your DD, by I'll skip those 'adventures' if you don't mind.
Last week on of my nieces did a skydive she to celebrate her 40th B-day. Viewed the online tape and she had a wonderful time, when she landed she said "Where's the line to go again?" Gutsy gal, I had goose bumps just watching the tape. When flying I won't look at the window on take off, the tilting horizon makes me sick.

One of my granddaughers took a skydive last year, told her parents about it afterwards so she got no grief from them before hand. Her sister is gutsy too, while living in Paris for a college semester she traveled all over Europe by herself. Makes all my travels seem live trips around the corner.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 AM

It is amazing that two kids born of the same parents can be so different. I see that in myself and my siblings, my children, and now my grandchildren. I liken it to a slot machine spinning and churning those genes until the final moment when the choice is made.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 AM

Thanks for sharing this, it really is fascinating seeing the pictures and others experiences with their children. I have a feeling this is something my 26 year old daughter would be thrilled to do.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 AM

I can see why they jumped out, that airplane doesn't look big enought to hold them both and all that gear.