Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: LA fabric stores

LA fabric stores

I had some extra time while I'm in LA on business, and decided to look up fabric stores.. Since I'm from NY, and didn't have a clue.. I ended up with a weird experience.. I found some stores in the city, and drove in.. Imagine my surprise when they wanted $3.00/ 15 minutes to park.. Didn't buy anything.. Found a fabric store in Santa Monica, Venice Beach area, and was a little upset as they had a lot of the stuff that Joann's had, but a lot higher.. I have to admit it felt good to touch the fabric after being away almost a week..
    Barri

Blog Entries
    Funny thing about LA. When I was there it was so crowded and confusing--I couldn't even think about relaxing with fabric. It may be different for others...but basically I had the same experience.

I never go into the city. I hate crowds and big cities. If you can get down to Anaheim, I suggest going to M & L Fabrics.
    They are on Ball Road, a mile or so north of Beach Blvd. They are huge and have great prices. You can get lost in their flat folds for $2.50 a yard.
    There are supposed to be great shops with great prices in the fabric district, but as I said, I avoid the city. I only drive thru to get to my parents and daughter's homes.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I'm heading back to NY in the a.m... Was in Anaheim one day to see Disney.. Sorry I missed the store..

M&L's is a great store. It is at Knott & Ball, not too far from Knotts Berry Farm, but you will need lots of time energy when you visit there. So much to see! Also, Tranquility Quilts is about two miles from M&L's, on Valley View and Ball, next to Kohl's.

WOW! If I ever go there.......
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Cool LA fabric district

I visit the LA area every year to see my mom (93), the lack of LQS is sooo disappointing. I have made several trips into the fabric district and although it's fun, it is a big let down. only one store stocks cottons and I have a lot of them or I can get them cheaper here locally. glad to be from CA and here in Idaho.

Well, LA can be a big vague area. If you visit again, ask some of us where there are good stores. There are a lot of outlaying areas of LA that have some wonderful quilt shops and we would love to share them with you. Let us know which specific areas of LA you are going to. I second the suggestion of M & L being a great place.
    Verna in Orange Co. of So Cal.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
    I never go into the city. I hate crowds and big cities. If you can get down to Anaheim, I suggest going to M & L Fabrics.
    They are on Ball Road, a mile or so north of Beach Blvd. They are huge and have great prices. You can get lost in their flat folds for $2.50 a yard.
    There are supposed to be great shops with great prices in the fabric district, but as I said, I avoid the city. I only drive thru to get to my parents and daughter's homes.
    Wow! I'm surprised to hear that M&L Fabrics is still in business. I lived in Anaheim from 1982-1991, and used to shop at M&L Fabrics frequently.