Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Light therapy?

Light therapy?

I would like to hear from any one who uses light therapy. I am a long term night shift worker and recently have had trouble wanting to sleep all of the time. I hear the light boxes used for depression may be effective to increase energy.(yes I have my share of depression too ) The light boxes are expensive however if they obtain good results would be well worth the investment.

Not looking good for replies lol

Kas
    Ask your doctor to prescribe you one. That would help with the cost. You sit in front of it for 20 to 30 mins (per the boxes instructions) when you first wake up. Don't know if it would help with being sleepy. You should probably talk to your doc about having your vitamin D levels checked.
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.-Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    I agree with the Vitamin D. I found a tasty, berry flavored syrup and it really perked me up!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    I agree with the Vitamin D. I found a tasty, berry flavored syrup and it really perked me up! Maybe you posted too early in the am for replies!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    I have one and love it. I chose the Blue Max 70 watt floor lamp from Full Spectrum Solutions. There are currently two threads about SADD or sad. Put those in the search box.

I agree with get your vitamin D levels checked. Low vitamin D levels can cause a lot of different problems. Mine was low and the Dr. Started me on vitamin D therapy. It straightened me out.

Blog Entries
    I recently started a thread on SAD or S.A.D.D. and there were some great replies. Yes, do a search. On one post, there is a link to an article from the Mayo Clinic...very interesting!! I so feel for you....I'm going to get a light, too, as soon as I decide which one is best. I'm going to see if my doctor will write a prescription for it so my insurance will pay.

Good luck!!

Funny thing, I bought vit D caps yesterday, sat the bag on the stove, I turned the oven on to preheat and then got sidetracked. The vit D caps along with a DVD for Christmas melted. Thanks for the replies, I will check out the other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    Funny thing, I bought vit D caps yesterday, sat the bag on the stove, I turned the oven on to preheat and then got sidetracked. The vit D caps along with a DVD for Christmas melted. Thanks for the replies, I will check out the other threads.
    Oh, no! That is NOT the way to lift yourself up.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast