Light therapy?

Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 AM

I have used to Sunbox Jr. for years and swear by it!!

By placing the box on a table or desktop and sitting so that the light not only is close to me, but also reflects from a book I am reading is the best situation for me. Twenty to thirty minutes when I first get up in the morning is plenty of time to drink my first cup of coffee and start my engine. The additional bonus is time to read without interruption. My doctor told my DH years ago that using the light therapy would also be good for him to try.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:00 PM

I just wanted to follow up on this post in case it may help someone else.

I bought myself the happy light by verlux. It has made a tremendous diffrence ! I can sure tell the days I dont get to use the light.It was a bit expensive but very worth it. I also noticed a bigger diffrence when I remove my glasses. My eyeglasses have built in protection from uv/ub rays and I think it may block some of the benifits of the light when I wear them.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=raedar63;4900436]I just wanted to follow up on this post in case it may help someone else.

-
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don't know if it'll help everyone, but my grow lights for my special plants seemed to make me more energetic.
I get close to them often, with snipping off a leaf or admiring a bloom...worth a try. And lots cheaper.

But for full blown depression it may make a terrific difference, those light boxes are marvelous, I'm told by
some folks who have them.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

I got some full spectrum light boxes to use when I was working and not outside so much. They made a big different. I sat in front of it in the morning reading the paper and eating breakfast. Before I knew about SAD, on my lunch hour I would go to Lowe's and walk around the lighting department with all those fixtures lit up - it always gave me a boost and I never knew why. Then I learned why and got some lights. One for the kitchen and one for work, which I didn't use all that much.