Longmire marathon

Old 01-11-2017, 04:57 AM

Default Longmire marathon

Bought "me" a flat screen tv for Christmas.......dd had to hook it up....omg, so many wires/connections, but she worked for cable company, so for her easy.....anyway, this tv offered Netflix for free for one month, so figured "why not!" I knew Longmire had been switched to that, and I really liked that series when it was on a&e.....started at the beginning, because I had missed some before, so I am on a marathon in the evenings......nothing good on regular tv......I'm thinking maybe I will continue Netflex after free offering....looks like much is offered on it. Do you have/like that service?
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

I agree that there is not much new/interesting [to me] on cable. Am seriously thinking of getting the Netflix. Years ago, my DD let me sign on to their Netflix for a while and it was great.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:17 AM

I have no experience with Netflix,as you will see from my question. How does Netflix come to you? Someone told me they were mailing things back and forth. That wouldn't work for me. Or are programs streamed at a time convenient for the subscriber?
Old 01-11-2017, 07:56 AM

We have had Netflix for years, now. We dropped the DVD portion down to just 1 disc and now mostly stream everything. It's pretty cool, I've been having fun re-watching shows from my childhood - just polished off the classic Star Trek series over the holidays!

Netflix is starting to have their own original programming now, too.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:21 AM

Netflix has no commercials and you can stop it to go for snacks or stop for the night and go right back to the beginning or middle of an episode to keep watching. Netflix has two services: you can watch Netflix on your tv or order movies to come through the mail. I've never ordered movies through the mail since I have no interest in that. There is more than you can possibly watch on Netflix, the catagories are shown shown by genre and there is a huge variety. There are tv shows, movies, documentaries, comedian specials, childrens and on and on. After you watch a show it will give you suggestions based on what you've watched.
The only thing that frustrated me was I didn't realize they remove shows and movies. I was really into Numbers and suddenly it was gone before I could finish watching all the seasons. I now try to check and see what's coming and going at the beginning of each month.
We dropped Direct TV 1 1/2 years ago and decided to try Netflix. Before Netflix I rarely watched tv (just some PBS) but now I'm hooked. Hubby is always saying he can't believe Netflix costs under $10 since there is so much to watch. For Christmas I asked for a Roku for the older tv in my quilting room and a very small smart tv for the kitchen. I do a lot of cooking, baking and canning so I really like having the small tv.
Right now we're watching Revenge, Hawaii 5-0 and Breakout Kings. I think my favorite show so far was White Collar with The Fosters coming in a very close second.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:50 AM

I have had Netflix for years and I love it. I only do the streaming, but have added the DVD part for a month or so when there was something I really wanted to see and could not find it any other way. I cut the cord 4 or 5 years ago and pay for only the cheapest internet service and everything works fine. This probably would not work if there are multiple users in you household. I also have CBS All Access because I watch a lot of CBS programming and that network does not come in very well with my antennas.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:11 AM

We watch Netflix a lot. I especially enjoy British TV shows. Much better than US shows on cable. Foyle's War a favorite. We haven't been disappointed in Netflix and would be lost without it.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:16 AM

I used to watch Netflix at $7.99 a month, then we got Amazon Prime and Amazon was free for streaming. It's very good but we can't see the new Longmire show. Probably have to reconnect to get it as I love that show.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:36 AM

Geri B while you have Nexflix watch "Call the Midwife" that is one wonderful show.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:52 AM

I forgot to mention - you can set up different profiles under your Netflix account, so if you and your DH or kids or other house-mates have differing taste in shows, you can each log in separately and get your own separate recommendations, etc.

We set up a "guest" profile for our house sitter, so whatever she watches doesn't impact our lists.

It's also nice because if you go on vacation with a laptop, you can stream whatever shows you want from your hotel wifi and not be stuck with whatever the hotel offers.