Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for quilt stores in PA

Blog Entries
    Hoping someone can help me. My DH and I are heading to Wilkes Barre, PA next Tuesday. We will be in and around Gettysburg, Lancaster and Wilkes Barre until the weekend. Any suggestions for quilt shop stops? Thanks!
    Tulip

Blog Entries
    Gotta stop by mine! I'm in NJ but worth the trip! Olde City Quilts.....Exit 40 on 95 or take the pa turnpike to the shop! About 90 minutes from Lancaster.

http://www.oldecityquilts.com

I used to live in PA and would make semi-anual trips to Paridise and Bird In Hand and Intercourse (around Lancaster) It's either Paridise or BIH that has the BEST shop ever. If yougo to the candle barn, when you come out turn right and walk maybe a block and the shop is on ur right. It's Stofutz fabrics. IT'S AWESOME

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mamacool
    I used to live in PA and would make semi-anual trips to Paridise and Bird In Hand and Intercourse (around Lancaster) It's either Paridise or BIH that has the BEST shop ever. If yougo to the candle barn, when you come out turn right and walk maybe a block and the shop is on ur right. It's Stofutz fabrics. IT'S AWESOME
    All these little towns are in spitin' distance of each other and it is a wonderful road trip.

Kutztown, Pa has a great shop, Wooden Bridge Drygoods. A great little place in the middle of a farm. Wonderful people and great prices. They must have close to 3 or 4 thousand bolts. A small university town. You can get directions on line. Have a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip
    Hoping someone can help me. My DH and I are heading to Wilkes Barre, PA next Tuesday. We will be in and around Gettysburg, Lancaster and Wilkes Barre until the weekend. Any suggestions for quilt shop stops? Thanks!
    Tulip
    North of Wilkes Barre, about 30ish minutes is Endless Mountains Quiltery, very nice shop. Unfortunately we don't have much in the area :(

robin

Blog Entries
    Thanks Everyone! I will start mapquesting tomorrow.
    Tulip

Lucky you!!!! Burkholders in Denver, PA has changed ownership and it is a great place to stop. Weaver's Dry Goods has great prices and a big selection of wide fabrics for backings. Zook's, Bitty Kinna's, and The Country Store are located in Intercourse, PA. Brubaker's in located in New Holland is a good shop- oh my there are so many shops that are absolutely wonderful.
    Have a great time and enjoy spending time in the area.

Sue

Ok. maybe it's Zooks not Stolfutz fabric shop, but either way it's a shop not to be missed. I soooooo wish I could go with you!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I will post my "buys" when we get back.
    Tulip

Weavers out side of Litiz, Pa. is great, Intercoarse Pa. is great for Kitchen Kettle Village, the Old Conuntry Store and Zooks for fabric. Lancaster (the town) actually does not have any fabric shops. I also Like dutchland Quilt Patch on rte 30. have fun.