Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for walker side bag instructions

Looking for walker side bag instructions

My neighbour asked me if I knew how to make side bags for a walker. Apparently her mother is frail enough that a front bag ends up pulling too much on the walker when she uses it. I did an internet search but came up empty -- all I could find was the front bags. Anyone have a lead on a pattern? If I had access to a walker I could probably figure one out, but I don't so am looking for a pattern. Thanks!

Could it be made same as the front bag but not as wide to hang on the side.

delma

There are sure lots of links for front & back http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/seniors.html#totes

I don't think you'd be able to make a very large tote for a side of a walker or it would tip the walker sideways when not in use. I would ask for the handle measurements of that particular walker as some of them have solid type sides that would make it hard to attach a tote to.

Blog Entries
    My aunt lives with me & she has a standard walker.The side rails are 9" but there is a brace, so you would have 8 inches.

If you wanted to you could use one of the patterns but use the measurement for the length & switch it out with the width, just remembering to place your openings in the right spot. A 9" x 15" would hold a book/kleenex etc.