Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyme Disease

Be real careful out there ladies. We're all enjoying our gardens this year - they are so beautiful!

I see, at least in our area, that ticks are heavy this year. I check myself like crazy after coming in from the yard.

But, unfortunately, I was bitten. We got the tick quickly - it had just attached. Almost two weeks later - the rash arrived. I have Lyme Disease! All these years of working in the garden, hiking in the woods, we've always had dogs..... I've been attacked :cry:

Please be careful, check behind you knees, around your hairline and waistline. If you find a tick and remove it, keep watching! It took almost two weeks for the rash to come. I thought it was a dog tick, it was large not itty bitty.

Kookie

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I've been checking as well. So far I had poison ivy but that's it.
    I hope you're better soon.

Blog Entries
    (((HUGS))) So sorry this happened (((HUGS)))

Thank you Sue! Poison Icky - I hate that! We've got lots of that this year too. It seems to be a great growing year for everything :) Hope your itch is better!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Patricia, how are they treating you for it???

Blog Entries
    I hope you get different medicine, that does not make you ill, Lyme Disease is awful, our tennet did not spray the yard for ticks last year and has double the ticks this year, although shes finally sprayed she did come down with Lyme and the medicine they give for this is just awful on the body it makes her sick and exausted. Our agreement was she gets cheap rent for her grannie and 5 kids to take care of the property. she can't afford much rent wise with so many mouths to feed although I know she takes good care of the house the yard looks good but she has to spray!!

The scary thing is that the rash doesn't appear all the time and people can and do suffer with Lyme for years before diagnosis:<

Blog Entries
    Iím so sorry you got Lyme Disease and hope you are feeling better soon. Thank you for the reminder to be careful. I think of my pets getting it not me (the dobie in my avatar got infected with Lymes Disease when she was about 4.) I wear a baseball cap that is open on top when I walk in the woods Ė but now that you have reminded me about this Iíll wear a regular one and be more observant. Take care and get better.

yes, be sure to get treated. My DIL has chronic Lyme disease, did not get treated in time. She has been through a lot.

Sorry to hear that. I had a friend that had it last year. She took a while before she went to the doc and she was in alot of pain.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast