Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: malware

i [think] i posted this a few days ago,probably in the wrong place!.i am VERY handicapped when it comes to pc'sthis showed up on my start bar, have NO idea what it is,or how it just appearred.has any one on the board had the same exp.& do you know if it's a scam? i'm afraid to click on it,have had enough problems w/ viruses,etc.it reads....................malwarebytes'anti-malware
    any info would be greatly appreciated 1....dar

Blog Entries
    I've been getting a "malware" pop-up block and even emailed admin about it. He asked me to send a print screen but for the life of me, I can't get that flippin PC to create a print screen. arrrggghhh! Anyway, from what I understand some of these malware notices look a bit like a "you have a virus and if you download this program we will help you" blocks. As soon as you connect to the site, you have an e-barnicle from hell attached to your computer and depending on what kind it is........it can do all sorts of nasty things in YOUR PRIVATE SPACE. Not sure if that is what you were asking, but thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Our IT guy told me to get out of Dodge (press ESC or quit) and not click on the malware box.

Blog Entries
    If you are seeing popups, then it's definitely adware.
    There is a (somewhat) new scam out there with a fake warning that tries to get people to order an antivirus program.

There is a program called maleware bytes. Do you have that installed?

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Malwarebytes anti-malware is a malware detection and removal tool. It's a really good one that I used frequently. How it just "showed up" is a mystery. I would go to your Add/Remove Programs page and see if it's listed. If so, do a Remove on it. Then you may want to go to the link Lisa provided and do a download of it. That way you'll know you have a clean copy to use. It's free, and it's good.

thanx for the info.i was afraid if i clicked on,i'd have a worse problem than i do now !....dar