Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Many thanks to Quilting Board members

Smile Many thanks to Quilting Board members

I have to check the Quilting Board every morning; hopefully, not being interrupted by my husband's yelling for more coffee. (He is wheelchair-bound.)

I have learned so much here, but my 2 favorite and most used hints are:
    1.Folding fabric over quilting rulers
    2.Gluing seams and trims with Elmer's School Glue instead of pinning.

There are many more, but these 2 hints are tops!
    Bebe McGee

Not only are there many wonderful hints, but isn't nice to feel the kinship from everyone.

Blog Entries
    I agree with both of you. It's something to look forward to as we star each day.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I have met so many wonderful people from the board! We get together in our area every other month just to gather on an afternoon and share and get caught up. We also take two weekends away each year, usually the beach, and go and just have a great time. It's so nice to go to local events with someone who share the same interest as you. We can send an email and say who's interested in going. It's such a nice circle of friends.

I have received many good ideas, very helpful quilting points, help with questions, and shared patterns. I'm very thankful to have the board to go to when I need something or to be inspired with all the beautiful things people have made.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
    Stay flexible you won't get bent out of shape.

Barking Frog Winery, Carlton, Oregon

Blog Entries
    I love this place. I check for new stuff first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I love it too. before all our stuff got here you guys helped me stay sane through it all!! the QB, my coffee and me have a date every morning. Advise and encourgement is the best. Sometimes I see quilts that "arent my taste" and sometimes my quits I'm sure are not others tastes but non the less several people will love them....great way to support fellow quilters!!!
    *Rachel*

Blog Entries
    I love this board too. I'm on it way too much, but I can't help myself.ha. Too much stuff to look at. I love it.

I love to be here and see all the beautiful work you all do. On days like yesterday when I can not come on I miss it all day.It is a wonderful day when I can bring my coffee and start my day here.

Quote Originally Posted by zennia View Post
    I agree with both of you. It's something to look forward to as we star each day.
    Can I agree with all y'all? I'm not able to be out & about like I'd like to be (I have degenerative bone disease & it makes it impossible to drive & just getting out is a pain... literally... LOL!) so it's nice to have such a nice bunch of friends just a few mouse clicks away!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I love this board too. I'm on it way too much, but I can't help myself.ha. Too much stuff to look at. I love it.
    I hear ya! Me, too! But hey... it keeps us off the streets... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast