Memory Pillow

Old 01-25-2017, 08:11 PM

Default Memory Pillow

I have been ask to make a memory pillow out of a dress Shirt with the tie attached-can anyone point me in the direction for directions on how to do this-she wants the collor of the shirt included on the pillow
Thanks in advance
Dorothy
Old 01-27-2017, 07:00 AM

Try Googling - memory pillow men's with collar and tie - several pictures, not sure if there are actual patterns available. Good luck.

This lady makes them from etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/2596933...home_active_20
Old 01-27-2017, 10:08 AM

Howdy -- I made the pillow at the link provided above - I noticed that several people had come to look in my shop from Quiltingboard.com - so I thought I would come check it out Anyway - the key to using the collar and adding a tie is just to not be afraid -- and think of it as an art project rather than a sewing assignment BTW if you would like to add a photo patch -- I sell those separately, here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/237887401 -- the patch can be personalized (like adding "Love, Dad" at the end of the poem.

The Uniform Memory Pillow referenced in the post before this one is actually one that I made for my grand-niece from one of my dad's (her great-grand-father) old Boy Scout Uniforms -- and the child in the photo patch on the pillow is my nephew -- the little girl's father as a Cub Scout! Pretty special -- she LOVED the present, and carried it all through our party -- whispering secrets to "Grandpa" all evening

Anyway - if anyone needs a photo patch of any kind to add to a quilting project -- please come on over to Etsy and message me!

Best of luck to all

Linda
Old 01-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

if you're doing one like in the picture, just cut a square out of the shirt fabric and stuff it. tie the tie around the neck.
I'd make a pillow form, say 14 x 14 and insert the pillow form into the shirt. show us what you do