Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Memory Span

Memory Span

I seem to have a short memory span. Or not as sharp as it used to be. Is there anything over the counter that I can take to make my mind sharper. Anything that I may be able to get at the vitamin store maybe?

Blog Entries
    haven't heard of a "pill" but try playing some games on POGO, they are free, if one type gets' too easy try something different, I started doing the crosswords and card games and puzzles, makes me think differently and keeps my mind sharper. Also a site called Luminosity but they charge but its' supposed to help sharpen your memory
    Patski
    always learning

Blog Entries
    My DH had all kinds of problems with memory his iron was low and he needed some B vitamins - he has to watch his carbs, too - check with your doctor -
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Eat very healthy. Exercise daily. Maintain friendships nd social interactions. You would also to a doctor to see if there is a medical issue.

I often say I remember a lot - just not long and in order for me to learn something new then something old has to fall out.

As much exercise and fresh air as you can get. Your brain needs the oxygen!! And all the other things ↑ ↑ ↑.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I had a mineral at one time that was suppose to help memory but I kept forgetting to take it! I'm sorry I can't remember what it was either. I think clean living is about as good as you can do

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    haven't heard of a "pill" but try playing some games on POGO, they are free, if one type gets' too easy try something different, I started doing the crosswords and card games and puzzles, makes me think differently and keeps my mind sharper. Also a site called Luminosity but they charge but its' supposed to help sharpen your memory
    I just signed up at POGO but can't find traditional type crossword puzzles. I'm just looking for something to play individually - not against other people. Help? (Not too computer savvy here!)

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    I just signed up at POGO but can't find traditional type crossword puzzles. I'm just looking for something to play individually - not against other people. Help? (Not too computer savvy here!)
    I buy the small word games magazines, tuck it in my purse and work the games when I have a quiet moment in the car, dr. office, etc.