Miley Cyrus's new video

Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 PM

Has everyone connected to her lost their ever loving minds? Now they are marketing her just as they did the Brittney chick when she was young.
According to the news Miss Cyrus is only 17 but this video makes her look like some worn out street walker. Has her father gone mad or what?

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v53035...med-video.html
Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 PM

How sad my 8 year old granddaughter is obsessed with her, This is disgusting!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

How sad. She's such a cute girl too. LOL, my 8 yo neice is ALSO obsessed with her!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:19 PM
JJs
Banned

nasty - another Beyonce
I didn't even watch the whole thing

guess I'm officially an old fuddy-duddy...
Old 05-05-2010, 01:20 PM

A few weeks ago..Mika Brazinski..from the Morning Joe show made a comment about Cyrus's pole dancing. She stated that is was in appropriate for young girls..meaning her own daughter who is 11 years old. She would no longer allow her young daughter to watch her. Cyrus made a public statement and bashed Ms. Brazinski. Ms. Brazinski stated on the show that she was standing by her opinion and she did not care if Cyrus liked it or not. I am totally appauled that such sexual content is being displayed by young girls. What ever happened to innocence. My daughter is 27 years old and I did everything I could to protect her. I think the father is nuts..for allowing such things to go on. I can only see trouble ahead for her. I hate to say that...and do not wish anything bad for her.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:25 PM

I'm the first person to scream about objectifying our little girls... and I haven't seen the whole video.... but on this one I have to say.... poor Mylie... no one wants her to grown up, be a teen ager and make mistakes; yes her family should, and maybe has given her better advice.... as long as sex pays... sex will be big business; and she's a big business.
Hopefully she'll be able to maintain her physical appearance into her 50' s like Madonna to stay 'viable'. Imagine how crushing it would be to realize that you 'peaked' at 17.......
Old 05-05-2010, 01:55 PM

okay.....I could have done without seeing that! That is really, really sad. To be honest though my 13yo quit watching her because she was getting so "vulgar". DD said she was wild. Her parents need their heads examined I think.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

I think it is visually stunning and beautifully done. She wanted to shed her Hannah Montana image and I guess she did that. She is 17 and in the Sturm und Drang time in her life so the message of the song makes total sense to me. I hope she will not go off the deep end like some of the other young singer-starlets.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I think it is visually stunning and beautifully done. She wanted to shed her Hannah Montana image and I guess she did that. She is 17 and in the Sturm und Drang time in her life so the message of the song makes total sense to me. I hope she will not go off the deep end like some of the other young singer-starlets.
I agree. I am not crazy about it, but don't find it offensive at all. I have seen much worse.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 PM

I watched some of it without the sound. I found it to be quite laughable. She is not very graceful.