My letter to the editor

Old 05-06-2010, 08:34 PM

From last week's paper :D

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSC00090.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 PM

Well done!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Very nice letter :mrgreen: Hope it gets some good results . I agree ,we as a country always help everyone else and seem to forget about our own , sad isn't it
Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Glad you posted that. It reminds me that this Saturday is the Stamp Out Hunger day where we put canned goods out for the mail carrier. They in turn, deliver them to the local food pantry. I almost forgot about it. Gotta get some canned goods ready!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:46 PM

Great job!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 PM

Good for you. I get mad whenever I see this request for other countries. I still hear people saying we have to help rebuild Haiti. Why? I say let's rebuild New Orleans and any place else in this country that needs it first. Don't get me wrong, I feel for those in other countries and initial help is fine; I just feel we need to take care of our own citizens first.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:59 AM

Wonderful letter. I volunteer at a food pantry and I am amazed how many needy people there are. The children are the ones that suffer the most. I won't be putting anything out for the mail person because it will be going to the food pantry that I volunteer at and I can take it directly there.
You are right about planting a little extra in the garden. The people appreciate it so much. That is where all my extra tomatoes and peppers went. I would have taken more if the overspray from the field had not killed off many of my plants.
Even small amounts of food can add up, so donate to your local food pantry.

Mary
Old 05-07-2010, 03:40 AM

Well said! Its a great reminder to us all... heading to the pantry to see what I can pass on!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

Aw...now THAT is a great letter. I dont have much money to donate to the food pantry, but I have a HUGE garden and can donate extras there. I have read that they get mostly canned items, so some fresh food would be so nice for them. I have also read that there is an Indian reservation in North or South Dakota, with some of the poorest people in the world....Here we are sending a ton of money to other countries to help, and yes, they NEED it, but some of OUR kids are going hungry, with out heat and decent clothes. Makes me so sad!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Great letter...I plant a garden every year and it produces much too much for us to eat. I have cut it back every year though because......no one wants the food out of it.

If I try to give it away...they want me to clean it, snap it, shuck it, wash it, can it, freeze it...heck...I guess I COULD cook and maybe even eat it for them :shock: Does that sound cynical??? You bet...I've never run into more ungrateful people than when I have garden produce excess... I got tired of it, so I don't even try to share it anymore. Sorry...I hope your thoughts produce better efforts where you live.