Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Miniature Dollhouses

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I bought a dollhouse at a thrift store. It was full of furniture and in mint condition. A gentlemen made it and died, then the thrift store got it. I bought it for my granddaughters to play with. They are ages 6 and 12 and love it. They spent a whole day with it while I was in my quilting studio. Someday when they don't use it anymore I am going to be playing with it myself. When I was a little girl my dad made one, where the whole thing was enclosed and we took the roof off of it to play with it. I remember those days well. Ever since the day we had to throw it out when we moved I have wanted one, so now my dream has come true. I will be making some miniature quilts etc for it. I am also going to have a sewing studio in it. Can't wait. I will do it gradually as the furniture etc is quite expensive for the pieces I want. I will post pictures later today with my grandaughters. Need to take the pictures first.

Congrats on your wonderful find!! I'd like to find on too--
    Have fun with it, and please post pics!! :)

I have a huge dollhouse which my DH and I made. It is still unfinished but we do have plans on finishing it one day.

I just started letting my granddaughter play with it as some of the items are VERY expensive, $100 - $200! They are such a joy and fun to make items for.

Enjoy your find!

Blog Entries
    Oh I remember mine from... well, years ago :wink: Your granddaughters will love it , and how meat that you got to hear about the history behind it :mrgreen:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pvquilter
    I bought a dollhouse at a thrift store. It was full of furniture and in mint condition. A gentlemen made it and died, then the thrift store got it. I bought it for my granddaughters to play with. They are ages 6 and 12 and love it. They spent a whole day with it while I was in my quilting studio. Someday when they don't use it anymore I am going to be playing with it myself. When I was a little girl my dad made one, where the whole thing was enclosed and we took the roof off of it to play with it. I remember those days well. Ever since the day we had to throw it out when we moved I have wanted one, so now my dream has come true. I will be making some miniature quilts etc for it. I am also going to have a sewing studio in it. Can't wait. I will do it gradually as the furniture etc is quite expensive for the pieces I want. I will post pictures later today with my grandaughters. Need to take the pictures first.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Blog Entries
    That is awesome!! I bet those grandkids loved it. I would love to have one myself...lol

Blog Entries
    Never mind playing with it- I want to move into it! It is gorgeous!!!! Well done for giving it a new lease of life. Yours dgc will have great memories for sure.

That is fabulous! Is that a grill I see on the porch? Tee-hee!

That's the house I had as a kid. PITA to put together. Cost a lot as an unfinished kit back in the day. What a great score. Congrats.

Wow, that is beautiful. Your grand daughter are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast